EE LAUNCHES FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND EXPERIENCE STORE IN CARDIFF INVITING SHOPPERS TO DISCOVER THE LATEST CONNECTED TECHNOLOGY
- The new Cardiff EE Experience store combines physical and digital experiences to bring to life the latest connected technology, and serves as a hub for the local community to work, learn and play
- Cardiff is the first of many new EE Experience stores set to launch later this year, with the new store helping to serve the company’s 800,000 customers in Wales
- Local TV and radio presenter, Jason Mohammad, will open the store at 11am on Monday 17th July, with gift bags for the first 100 customers
EE, the UK’s best network, is bringing the first of its brand-new Experience stores to Queen Street, Cardiff on Monday 17th July, in a vote of confidence in the Welsh high street.
Designed to empower customers with the best connectivity and technology solutions for their connected life, the new concept reinvents the role of the traditional phone shop, enabling shoppers to get up close and personal with the latest innovations and giving the South Wales community a dynamic space to work, learn and play.
Visitors will explore four carefully curated experience zones, with each demonstrating how cutting-edge technology and connectivity is enhancing everyday life – from gaming and relaxing, to working and learning.
The experience zones include:
- Welcome Zone: An inviting and dynamic shopfront, including a changeable digital window canvas that lets customers see the latest product launches and in-store offers before they even step inside.
- Gaming Zone: Feel the power of EE’s network and discover the latest and greatest in gaming – with the most up-to-date games and consoles available to try, as well as expert advice from the team on a range of bundles and plans, gamers of all levels can come in and experience the best in gaming.
- Base Camp: An inviting area for customers to sit down and stay a while; with comfortable sofas, work benches and collaborative worktops, visitors can stop by for a complimentary tea or coffee, catch up on emails or speak to one of the EE team for advice on a range of products and services. Shoppers can also drop off their device for a rapid two-hour repair service, whatever network they are on.
- Tech Live: Try before you buy with an interactive bench inviting customers to trial the latest innovations, discover new devices and speak to the experts. A host of technology will be on display, evolving as new drops hit the shelves, with visitors able to browse and purchase their chosen products online.
The new Experience store also gives customers the opportunity to visualise their own personalised connected home through real-life room sets, enabling them to get a taste of future living and discover the connected technology that is right for them. The specially curated room sets include a Living Room with superfast broadband and connected home technology such as home security, TV packages and smart lighting, and a Home Office with technology to support with online security and working from home.
EE has been a permanent feature of Queen Street for over a decade, with an additional store at Cardiff St David’s and a nearby contact centre in Merthyr Tydfil.
Asif Aziz OBE, Retail Director at EE, said: “We have enjoyed being a part of the local community in Cardiff for over ten years and so we are excited to now be bringing the first of our Experience stores to our Cardiff customers, offering them the chance to interact with the latest connected technology.
“Our vision is for each of our EE stores to be so much more than a traditional phone shop. We know that our customers want innovative and exciting retail experiences that give them a reason to visit time and time again. We have therefore redesigned our stores to ensure EE continues to offer the most personal, customer-focused service on the high street, helping people get more out of their connected lives and allowing them to see what the future’s got in store.”
Each member of the Cardiff Experience store team reflects the diverse society in which EE serves, with different passions and interests that come together with a love for technology and helping people.
Assistant Store Leader, Jamie Rees, has worked for EE for 9 years and is a fluent Welsh speaker. Commenting on the opening, Jamie said: “It’s great for the local area that Cardiff has been chosen as the first location for EE’s new Experience stores. Over the years I have enjoyed giving our Welsh customers advice and guidance on how to better use technology to enhance their lives. With the launch of the new Experience store, I will still be on hand to share my expertise, with customers also now able to come in and experience the latest technology in person, in a space built to spend time in.”
The launch of the new Cardiff Experience store is part of EE’s new retail strategy, which seeks to reinvent the role of retail in the telco industry putting innovation, personal experience, and community service front and centre.
The Cardiff Experience store will open at 11am on Monday 17th July, with gift bags for the first 100 customers, an exclusive appearance from local TV and radio presenter Jason Mohammad, as well as in-store deals, offers and entertainment throughout the day. The store is situated at the site of the existing EE store on Queen Street, Cardiff.
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast connections in more places than any other operator. EE brought the first 4G network to the UK in October 2012 and launched the UK’s first 5G network in May 2019.
EE’s mobile network has received extensive independent recognition, including being named the UK’s no.1 5G network by RootMetrics® in 2020 and 2021, and the UK’s best overall network by RootMetrics® every year since 2014, as well as being named Network of the Year at the 2022 Mobile Industry Awards.
As well as offering mobile services to consumers and small and medium businesses, EE also provides home and business broadband using both 4G and fixed line connections.
EE is committed to being number one for service in the industry and has over 400 stores across the UK. EE remains the only mobile provider to answer 100% of customer calls in the UK and Ireland and was recognised as the UK’s Best Large Contact Centre by the UK Customer Experience Awards 2018 and Welsh Contact Centre Awards 2019. EE was awarded The Sunday Times’ Best 100 Companies to Work for in 2018 and 2019, as well as being named Best Employer 2018 by the European Contact Centre & Customer Service awards.
In 2022, BT announced that EE would become the lead flagship consumer brand on a mission to create the most personal, customer-focused brand in the UK. EE and BT are joining forces to work as one to better take on what’s next in the world of connectivity and technology, working together to continue to innovate, doing a better job for customers and the nation, now and in the future.
EE is part of BT’s Consumer business unit which provides products and services to all of BT’s consumer customers in the UK. Follow us on:
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk