EE SETS OUT AMBITION TO BECOME THE UK’s NO.1 NETWORK FOR GAMING WITH NEW SUPERCHARGED BUNDLES
- Only on EE - new PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch great value gaming bundles set to launch, complementing EE’s existing Xbox offering – to give EE the best portfolio of leading gaming consoles bundled with cloud gaming access and unlimited gaming data for a monthly fee on the UK’s unbeatable network for gaming. Bundles start from just £17 per month
- New extended range of gaming devices and accessories to also be made available in store and on EE Add to Plan, which include for the first time Meta Quest 2, and Lenovo’s Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop
- New in-store gaming bays being rolled out to over 175 EE retail shops, giving customers the chance to get hands-on with a range of the best gaming products
- EE partners with pro-gaming streamer, RiaBish, on a series of in-store gaming training sessions for the public - as new research reveals that Brits are embarking on peak gaming season
- EE sets up new internal gaming team to help it become the no.1 network for gamers, as part of its journey to become the most personal customer-focussed technology brand in the UK
EE today unveiled a new supercharged gaming offering in a drive to become the no.1 network for gaming in the UK. Featuring bespoke Nintendo and PlayStation bundles, access to the latest best-in-class gaming products via interest free spreadable payments with Add to Plan, and a nationwide roll-out of in-store gaming bays in over 175 EE retail stores. The launch forms part of EE’s journey to become the most personal customer-focussed technology brand in the UK.
Unbeatable Network For Gaming
To oversee the new enhanced gaming drive, EE has set up a new internal gaming team, developed to launch a range of exciting new gaming products and services. The new team will consolidate EE’s existing best for gaming 5G and Fibre connectivity, with the best partners, best products and flexible options that will allow them to get the most from their gaming experience. This will include new gaming offerings designed to provide consumers great value and convenience.
EE already provides Full Fibre, the UK’s most reliable fibre technology, which offers lightning fast speeds, the lowest latency and unbeatable jitter - giving an exceptional online gaming experience. Meanwhile, independent testing by RootMetrics has found EE to also be an unbeatable mobile network for gaming in the UK. The latest results reveal EE’s network offers the best combination of fast download speeds, with the lowest jitter and packet-loss – perfect for gaming on the go. Moving forward, EE will review how fixed and mobile network technology can be developed to offer gamers better performance for when every millisecond counts.
New Gaming Bundles - Only on EE
EE’s first new gaming offerings come as research reveals that the UK is fast approaching peak gaming season. The study forecasts that gamers are embarking on their biggest-ever period of gaming; as the majority of Brits (62%) claim to be gaming more than ever, and 80% of Brits look to boost their gaming routines in the lead up to Christmas 2022.
Launching on Wednesday 26th October, EE pay monthly mobile customers will be uniquely able to take advantage of two great new PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch pay monthly bundles only on EE. The new bundles have been designed to make gaming as accessible and affordable to as many as possible in the lead up to the peak gaming season. They are perfect for the 92% of Brits who state that the significant upfront cost associated with gaming can often make getting access to the latest products and services difficult, and the 95% who want the convenience of a complete value bundle offering that sets them up to game straightaway.
Only on EE, the new EE PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch Bundles comprise of:
- A PlayStation 5 console with PlayStation Plus, unlimited mobile gaming data and a Video Data Pass (so they can watch as many gaming streams and tutorials on YouTube as they like, without touching their data allowance) available on a £31 per month 24-month contract with £10 upfront - saving customers over £400
- Alternatively the Nintendo Switch OLED, with Nintendo Online, unlimited mobile gaming data and a Video Data Pass available with a £17 per month 24-month contract with £10 upfront – worth a combined total of over £800
The new next-gen gaming bundles really do provide customers with unbeatable gaming for both at home and on the move, and are ideal for the 26% of Brits who now regularly game on the go. Nintendo and PlayStation join EE’s existing Xbox gaming services and bundles packages, which include access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, forming EE’s best-ever offering built to meet all customer’s gaming needs.
EE’s best-in-class product range has also been boosted with the arrival of the state-of-the-art Meta Quest 2, now available to EE mobile pay monthly customers via Add to Plan, starting at £35 per month for 11 months with a £10 up-front cost. With Meta Quest 2 customers can discover new adventures, revolutionise their workouts and play with people from all over the world with the all-in-one VR system. Plus, slash to the rhythm with Beat Saber included worth £22.99. EE has PC gamers covered too, with Lenovo’s Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop available on Add to Plan from £70 per month for 11 months with an £30 up-front cost which comes with three months Xbox PC Game Pass included.
EE is also rolling out new in-store gaming bays in over 175 EE stores, giving customers the option to learn more about gaming from EE, and includes for the first time the option to try out the latest next-gen consoles as well as buy them and accessories in store outright or via Add to Plan.
Marc Allera, CEO at EE: “We already offer an unbeatable network, and with the nation gaming more than ever, we have pressed play on our ambition to become the UK’s no.1 for gamers. Moving forward, we’ll look to evolve our network and build on our existing partnerships with the world’s best gaming companies – reviewing the latest exciting new hardware and services, so we can offer gamers new and old, unique and exclusive opportunities to make the most from their gaming experience.”
Following research stating that nearly a third (28%) of Brits want to be more competitive online and improve their gaming, EE has also joined forces with online gaming sensation, RiaBish, to host a series of special in-store gaming training sessions this November at EE’s One Braham Concept retail store in Central London. RiaBish, who has amassed a loyal social following thanks to her gaming skills, will take the charge in helping to upskill gamers with details of the training sessions to be made via Ria’s and EE’s social channels shortly.
RiaBish, pro gaming streamer said: “Whether you’re a seasoned gamer like me or just starting out – it’s always great to maximise your gaming experience and ensure you’ve got access to the best consoles and offers around. EE are doing so much to give all gamers the best experience possible with brilliant bundles and interactive gaming zones in their stores, so I’m really pleased to team up with them as they become an essential destination for gamers across the UK”.
Ahead of the training session, RiaBish has also released her top tips on becoming a more accomplished gamer:
1) Be consistent and motivated – playing a game once in a blue moon will make it hard to get improve your skillset. It took me years of playing to finally get good, so don’t be disheartened if it takes a little bit longer than expected.
2) Take breaks when gaming – you can burn yourself out if you play too long without breaks. Take 15 to 30 minutes off after a few hours to look away from the screen, hydrate yourself and stretch.
3) Connect socially with other gamers – making friends online is not only fun, but you get to work as a team using the connection to then help make better plays.
4) Perfect your setup – especially a good headset! Understandably, setups can be expensive. But even things like a good headset are so important when gaming, even more so if playing online competitively.
5) Seek your niche – most people have certain games and roles they are good at. Once you find yours, you’ll be unstoppable! However, if you play for fun, feel free to pick anything you fancy.
For more information on EE’s gaming offers when available, including full terms and conditions, please visit ee.co.uk/gaming.
Notes to editors
Research of 2,000 British gamers, commissioned by EE and conducted by Perspectus Global during October 2022.
UNBEATABLE NETWORK FOR GAMING: Results based on RootMetrics® UK Mobile Gaming Ratings, H1 (Jan-June) 2022. Tested with best commercially available smartphones on 4 national mobile networks across all available network types. Not an endorsement of EE. Actual gameplay not tested. Experiences may vary. See ee.co.uk/claims
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast connections in more places than any other operator. EE brought the first 4G network to the UK in October 2012, and launched the UK’s first 5G network in May 2019.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being named the UK’s no.1 5G network by RootMetrics® in 2020 and 2021, and the UK's best network every year since 2014 for the following awards: The Mobile Choice Awards, The Mobile Industry Awards and by RootMetrics®.
As well as delivering mobile services to consumers, small and medium businesses, corporate customers and Government programmes, EE also provides home and business broadband using both 4G and fixed line connections.
EE is committed to being number one for service in the industry and has nearly 600 shops across the UK. EE remains the only mobile provider to answer 100% of customer calls in the UK and Ireland and was recognised as the UK’s Best Large Contact Centre by the UK Customer Experience Awards 2018 and Welsh Contact Centre Awards 2019. EE was awarded The Sunday Times’ Best 100 Companies to Work for in 2018 and 2019, as well as being named Best Employer 2018 by the European Contact Centre & Customer Service awards.
EE is part of BT’s Consumer business unit which provides products and services to all of BT’s consumer customers in the UK.
Follow us on…
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk