EE exclusive direct UK network partner for Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL and new Daydream VR
- 2017_PIXEL2_UK_SECONDARY_FRONT_IMAGE_RGB_BLACK copy
- 2017_PIXEL2_UK_SECONDARY_BACK_IMAGE_RGB_WHITE copy
- 2017_PIXEL2_UK_SECONDARY_BACK_IMAGE_RGB_BLACK copy
- 2017_PIXEL2XL_UK_SECONDARY_BACK_IMAGE_RGB_BLACK copy
- 2017_PIXEL2XL_UK_SECONDARY_FRONT_IMAGE_RGB_BLACK+WHITE copy
- 2017_PIXEL2_UK_SECONDARY_FRONT_IMAGE_RGB_BLUE copy
- 2017_PIXEL2_UK_SECONDARY_BACK_IMAGE_RGB_BLUE copy
- 170621_Taimen_WALLEYE_COMBO_denim_FPO3_SIMP (1) copy
- 2017_PIXEL2_UK_SECONDARY_FRONT_IMAGE_RGB_WHITE copy
- 2017_PIXEL2XL_UK_SECONDARY_BACK_IMAGE_RGB_BLACK+WHITE copy
- EE is again the only UK network to directly offer the new Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL from launch with WiFi Calling, 4G Calling and the UK’s fastest Cat 12 download speeds
- Pre-order for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL starts from 4 October across EE shops, tele-sales and at ee.co.uk/pixel2
- Pixel 2, Home Mini and new Daydream VR will be available from 19 October, Pixel 2 XL will be available from 15 November
EE today announced that it is once again the preferred UK network partner for Google’s all-new Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, the second iterations of Google’s highly regarded smartphone. EE offers the best UK network connectivity experience for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL with Wi-Fi Calling, 4G Calling and the UK’s fastest mobile download speeds with its Cat 12 enabled 4G network.
Available to pre-order from 4 October through EE stores, on the phone and at ee.co.uk/pixel2, the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are available in a range of colours with either 64GB or 128GB of storage. Both smartphones provide the purest Google experience and feature the most advanced smartphone camera technology, a fast-charging battery and voice-activated Google Assistant built in. The 5-inch Pixel 2 also comes with a crystal clear cinematic AMOLED display that fits in your hands and in your pocket. Meanwhile, the 6-inch Pixel 2 XL features a 3D curved glass front, housing a razor-sharp full screen pOLED display with minimised bezels.
Both handsets come with unlimited cloud storage for photos and videos in original quality, so customers can use the UK’s biggest and fastest network to upload photos and videos in full 4K resolution and never run out of space. Google Photos also automatically removes old photos that are already backed up if storage is low, and Google’s AI makes it easier than ever to find, organise, and share content.
Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are compatible with EE’s 4G + LTE-A Cat 12 network which means they are faster on EE than on any other UK network. Only on EE will customers also get WiFi Calling, allowing them to call and text in more places across the UK, as well as 4G Calling, so they can continue to download at full 4G speeds whilst on the phone.
Available for pre-order immediately in Just Black, Clearly White, and Kinda Blue, the Pixel 2 is available from the 19 October. The Pixel 2 XL is also available to pre-order immediately in Just Black or Black & White, and is available from 15 November.
The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are available to pre-order from EE on a range of 4GEE price plans. The Pixel 2 is just £9.99 on a £47.99 a month, 24 month 4GEE Max plan, which comes with unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 8GB of data for the normal price of just 3GB. Customers will also receive a new Google Home Mini for free if ordered between 4 October and 2 November. This offer is also available for the Pixel 2 XL for those who place an order between 4 October and 14 November, but for £10 more per month (£57.99 per month).
EE’s 4GEE Max plans combine generous data allowances, the fastest speeds in the UK, and also allow customers to use their call, text and data allowances in over 50 destinations worldwide across Europe, USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand.
In addition to the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, EE will also offer devices from Google’s broader ecosystem. EE customers can get hands-free help in any room thanks to the new Google Home Mini powered by the Google Assistant, which will be available on EE for £49 upfront, or £4 per month with no upfront cost for 11 months on EE’s unique Add to Plan scheme. This is in addition to the existing Google Home which is currently available for £129 upfront, or £10 per month for 11 months with a one off £19 upfront cost on Add to Plan. Finally, Google’s updated Daydream VR headset, which turns a wide range of smartphones into a ready-made virtual reality device, is available for a one-off charge of £99 upfront, or £9 per month on Add to Plan.
Marc Allera, CEO, EE, “The first Pixel smartphones raised the bar in mobile innovation – from the best-in-class camera, to the remarkable AI powered Google Assistant. The all new Pixel 2 features Google’s very latest technology and will look to raise it once again. We’re therefore delighted to be Google’s UK network partner as the best smartphones deserve the best mobile network to bring their innovation to life. Only on EE will users experience the fastest mobile speeds and get the most out of their device’s unique features in more places across the UK.”
Finally, with EE, all pay monthly mobile customers also benefit from the following EE Extras:
- Free BT Sport - EE customers can enjoy three months of free access to the BT Sport app
- Data caps - EE customers can never go over their data allowance by accident, so they’re always in control of their spending
- UK & Ireland call centres - All EE customer calls are answered in the UK and Ireland
- Data boost - EE pay monthly mobile customers can boost their EE pay monthly phone plan’s data allowance by 5GB when they take EE Home Broadband.
- Free Apple Music - EE is providing customers with six months free Apple Music. Further details are available at ee.co.uk/applemusic
For more information on Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL on EE as well as the Daydream VR and Home Mini, customers should visit ee.co.uk/pixel2
- ENDS -
For more information, please contact:
0845 373 7070
EE, part of BT Group, is the largest and most advanced mobile communications company in the UK, delivering mobile and fixed communications services to consumers.
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, having pioneered the UK's first superfast 4G mobile service in October 2012 and was the first European operator to surpass 14 million 4G customers in December 2015. EE has more than 550 shops across the UK. EE's 4G coverage extends to more than 85% of the UK’s landmass (equal to more than 99% of the UK population) and EE has an ambition to extend 4G to 95% UK geographic coverage by 2020.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being ranked the UK's best overall network by RootMetrics®; Best Network at the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Mobile News Awards; Best Consumer Network at the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Mobile Industry Awards; as well as Fastest Network and Best Network Coverage at the 2017 uSwitch Mobile Awards.
Follow us on…
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk