EE Extends Unlimited Data Offer to June for NHS Heroes
EE, the UK’s biggest and fastest mobile network, is extending its offer of unlimited data for NHS workers until June 2021, as pressures increase in the third national lockdown. The NHS offer had been due to end on 31st January 2021 and is part of EE’s wide range of initiatives to ‘Connect for Good’ and help those who need it most. The offer has now been extended until the summer, and is still open to new and existing pay monthly customers.
Since launching in April 2020, over 300,000 NHS staff are now benefitting from unlimited data on the UK’s biggest network. The extended scheme can be worth up to £350 to each member of NHS staff who signed up in April. Every existing EE NHS customer currently receiving unlimited data will soon receive a text message letting them know about the extension.
The unlimited data offer is still open for new registrations online, for EE pay monthly customers who have a valid NHS email address. It is also available to NHS staff already receiving discounts on their monthly mobile plans from EE.
Marc Allera, CEO of BT’s Consumer Division, said: “Over a quarter of a million NHS staff are benefiting from unlimited data and they’ve told us how crucial it is when they’re out vaccinating people and for keeping in touch with loved ones after a busy shift. We want as many NHS workers to benefit as possible, so I ask that if you know someone who works in the NHS please spread the word. Along with the 20% discount we already provide, this is a thank you for NHS staff who work so hard to look after us all.”
EE and BT are committed to supporting the nation throughout the pandemic. This has included helping those that need it the most, and recently launched ‘Lockdown Learning’ support scheme to help disadvantaged children continue their education while schools remain closed. The support scheme provides zero rated access to BBC Bitesize educational content for all EE, BT Mobile and Plusnet Mobile customers, free WiFi vouchers and unlimited data for eligible families.
Notes to editors:
- Unlimited data for pay monthly NHS workers will last until June 2021 and new sign-ups will need to register on this webpage using their valid NHS email address. They will receive an SMS confirming when their account has been boosted to unlimited data and another notifying them of when the offer will end
- We already offer NHS staff a 20% discount on their monthly line rental for their mobiles and tablets when they join or upgrade directly with us. They can also extend this discount to their friends and family. Please find more information here
- BT Mobile NHS customers who have already registered for unlimited data will also continue to enjoy it until June, but it is not available for new sign ups
- The individual value of ‘up to £350’ saving has been calculated by multiplying the number of months the offer is running by the cost of a £25 unlimited data monthly boost
- Vulnerable and disabled customers are already enjoying unlimited data, texts and calls on EE and BT Mobile and this will also continue until June This is not available for new sign ups and has been running since March 2020.
More support we have offered during Covid-19:
- BT upgraded limited broadband customers to unlimited so they have uncapped broadband
- BT donated 1,000 devices to those in need through DevicesDotNow
- BT worked with Ellie Goulding, TAP music and Crisis to provide 400 phones with pre-paid credit to the homeless
- BT Mobile and EE Mobile free-rated the NHS & GOV websites and gave free NHS 111 access
- EE donated 8000 power banks to the NHS
- BT donated baby monitors to hospitals to help medical staff communicate with patients whilst minimising the spread of infection
- BT Sport customers donated a total of £1m to the NHS Charities Together Covid-19 Urgent Appeal through paused subscription payments
- BT has responded to more than 100 bespoke requests for help across various central government departments, with half of these being driven by the NHS
- BT is helping a number of NHS bodies through its Smart Messaging platform to relay Covid-19 related patient communications and appointment reminder
For more information, please contact:
020 7792 7468
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast connections in more places than any other operator. EE brought the first 4G network to the UK in October 2012, and launched the UK’s first 5G network in May 2019.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being named the UK’s no.1 5G network by RootMetrics® in 2020 and being named the UK's best network every year since 2014 for the following awards: The Mobile Choice Awards, The Mobile Industry Awards and by RootMetrics®.
As well as offering mobile services to consumers and small and medium businesses, EE also provides home and business broadband using both 4G and fixed line connections.
EE is committed to being number one for service in the industry, and has nearly 600 shops across the UK. EE remains the only mobile provider to answer 100% of customer calls in the UK and Ireland and was recognised as the UK’s Best Large Contact Centre by the UK Customer Experience Awards 2018 and Welsh Contact Centre Awards 2019. EE was awarded The Sunday Times’ Best 100 Companies to Work for in 2018 and 2019, as well as being named Best Employer 2018 by the European Contact Centre & Customer Service awards.
EE is part of BT’s Consumer business unit which provides products and services to all of BT’s consumer customers in the UK.
Follow us on…
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk