EE first to launch Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, OPPO Reno 5G and LG V50 ThinkQ with 5G smartphones in the UK
EE today announced the exclusive UK launch of the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, OPPO Reno 5G and LG V50 ThinQ with 5G. The three smartphones join the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G to make EE the first UK network to offer 5G, and also the network that offers the widest range of 5G handsets – available now in-store, online or on the phone.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G’s infinity-O display is perfect for streaming the highest quality HDR content on the go. It also features six pro-grade cameras, enhanced with intelligence, so customers can upload and live broadcast in stunning detail over 5G, even in the busiest environments. It is available for customers to take out today on 5GEE price plans starting from £69 and is just £10 upfront on a £79 a month 30GB plan.
Meanwhile, the OPPO Reno 5G, exclusive on EE, packs a triple rear camera system that supports 10x Hybrid Zoom photography through a super wide-angle lens and periscopic sensor, as well as an impressive Ultra Night Mode. The OPPO Reno 5G also features a unique ‘shark fin’ pivot rising camera and impressive edge-to-edge 6.6’’ OLED display, with no notch and practically no borders - perfect for streaming high definition content. EE 5G customers will be able to take full advantage of OPPO’s fast-charging 4,065mAh battery, and high performance 64bit octa-core processor. It is available from today on 5GEE price plans starting from £54 and is just £50 upfront on a £64 a month 30GB plan.
Last but not least, the LG V50 ThinQ with 5G, also exclusive to EE, features a 6.4-inch QHD+ OLED Full Vision Display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and offers users a heightened sense of immersion whether they’re watching a video or gaming over EE’s 5G network. The detachable OLED Dual Screen means customers can reliably multitask 5G content on two screens at once. Also featuring DTS:X technology, the LG V50 ThinQ with 5G will allow users to experience surround sound that enhances the quality of audio content to create a realistic soundscape with suburb clarity and depth. It is available from today on 5GEE price plans starting from £69 and is just £50 upfront on a £79 a month 30GB plan.
Sharon Meadows, EE Director of Devices, Partnerships & Business Development, EE said: “We are the only network to offer 5G right across the UK as well as the widest range of 5G handsets. When you combine these with the great flexible swappable benefits we offer customers, as well as our new service packs, providing a lifetime handset guarantee and annual MOT - EE really is the number one destination for those wanting the best UK smartphone experience”.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, OPPO Reno 5G and LG V50 ThinQ are all available on EE’s new 5G plans, providing UK consumers with the ability to make the most from their 5G experience with great benefits, value, and access to the latest mobile technology.
All 5G smartphone customers will not only get access to 5G, but also at least two Swappable Benefits from a choice of five – including the BT Sport App HD HDR access for the best possible video quality, Gamer’s Data Pass*, Music Data Pass, EE Video Data Pass, and Roam Further Pass – which they can swap in or out anytime they want. Customers taking the 120GB plan will get three swappables, worth up to £33.99 per month.
EE 5G customers can upgrade their smartphone any time, with EE Upgrade Anytime as standard.
EE 5G customers will also be able to access EE Service packs, helping them to keep their 5G smart phone in tip-top condition for no extra cost. EE service packs provide:
- £10 towards one of our premium cases or screen protectors to keep their device protected
- An annual device and EE mobile account MOT
- An extended device warranty for the lifetime of the customer’s contract
For more information on EE’s 5G network, 5G Smart plans and 5G devices, customers can visit www.ee.co.uk/5G.
- ENDS -
Notes to editors:
Swappables available to EE 5G Smart plan customers:
- BT SPORT APP HDR (exclusive to 5G plans, and worth £15 per month) – Offering more vivid, life-like colours, and greater detail in darker or brighter areas of the picture, with casting to your television
- *GAMER’S DATA PASS (worth £7.99 per month and launching in August) – EE is introducing the Gamer’s Data Pass to cover all the data customers use on a wide selection of games like Pokemon Go, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite at Twitch so they never have to worry about draining their data allowance
- VIDEO DATA PASS (worth £8.99 per month) – Stream selected video services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, BT Sport, TV Player and MTV Play without using your data
- MUSIC DATA PASS (worth £7.99 per month) – Stream selected music services such as Apple Music, Tidal & Deezer without using your data
- ROAMING PASS (worth £10 per month) – Use your allowance in the USA, Mexico, Canada, Australia & New Zealand, as well as across the EU
- BT SPORT APP (worth £10 per month) – Access to the standard BT Sport app
For more information, please contact:
0207 792 7468
EE is the largest and most advanced mobile operator in the UK, delivering mobile and fixed communications services to its customers. EE is part of BT’s Consumer business unit which provides products and services to all of BT’s consumer customers in the UK. EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast 4G in more places than any other operator after pioneering the UK's first superfast 4G mobile service in October 2012. Today, EE’s retail presence exceeds more than 600 shops across the UK.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being ranked the UK's best overall network by RootMetrics®; Best Network for five years in a row at the Mobile Choice Awards; Best Network at the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Mobile News Awards; Best Consumer Network at the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Mobile Industry Awards; as well as Fastest Network and Best Network Coverage at the 2019 uSwitch Mobile Awards.