EE Launches New Full Cover and Damage Cover with Unique AppleCare Services for iPhone
- iPhone customers who take out Damage Cover or Full Cover insurance from EE will now have AppleCare Services included with Apple-certified device repairs where possible
- Eligible customers will also be able to receive a free Minute One Accessories Bundle worth £24.99 or a free Minute One Premium Accessories Bundle worth £39.99
- First UK network to include AppleCare Services which last the duration of the customers cover for peace of mind.
- EE in-store repair service expansion also allows customers to drop off their phone at one of 85 EE stores across the country
EE has today announced that new and upgrading customers who take out Full Cover or Damage Cover mobile insurance from EE with their iPhone will now have AppleCare Services included. Both Full Cover and Damage Cover with AppleCare Services on EE last the lifetime of a customer’s insurance policy. AppleCare Services provides device repair at Apple Stores and Apple Authorised Service Providers and 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by web chat or over the phone. The service has a range of features unique to EE including providing customers with the ability to add any excess when having a repair in store to their mobile bill. EE has also recently expanded its in-store repair service, so customers can now also drop their phone off at 85 stores across the country.
Damage Cover with AppleCare Services
Customers who take out Damage Cover, available from £5.99 per month, will be able to receive a replacement device the very next day or get their existing device repaired by Apple experts if needed, subject to eligibility. The service covers accidental damage of the handset as well as covering in-box manufacturer provided charging accessories. Further benefits include:
- Worldwide cover for peace of mind
- Unlimited damage claims
- Cover for breakdown for the duration of the policy even following the expiry of manufacturer’s warranty
- Multi-policy discount
- A free Minute One Accessories Bundle with £24.99 on selected devices*
Full Cover insurance with AppleCare Services
Full Cover insurance, available from £9.49 per month, offers all the features of Damage Cover, as well as next day replacement for loss or theft of a customers’ handset. Full Cover customers also receive a Minute One Premium Accessories Bundle worth £39.99 on selected devices*.
All EE customers who take out Full or Damage Cover with AppleCare Services will be able to access the best of Apple’s repair and support services, including:
- Repair service at Apple Retail Stores and Apple Authorised Service Providers and selected EE stores
- 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone
- Software support for iOS, iCloud, and Apple-branded iPhone apps
- Apple-certified repair or replacement with genuine Apple parts
- Battery replacement service when the battery won’t hold a charge of at least 80%
EE is the first UK network to include AppleCare Services for the duration of the customer insurance cover. Delivering the best experience for customers going to Apple Stores, Authorised Service providers and EE stores those requiring damage repair will not need to pay any excess immediately as it will be added to the customers mobile bill for convenience. If needed, customers can get Apple service for repair or replacement for the lifetime of the insurance cover.
EE in-store same day repair
EE customers can also take advantage of EE’s recently expanded same day in-store device repair service. 5 EE stores in York, Solihull, Nottingham, Portsmouth, and Bluewater have been outfitted with repair services, and customers can drop their phones off at one of 85 stores within a 15 mile radius of these stores (10 mile radius for Bluewater) for next day repairs. Faults can be diagnosed with a complimentary wireless device analysis available in selected stores and can solve common software issues for Apple device users. A full list of stores can be found at https://ee.co.uk/local-repairs.
Sharon Meadows, Director of Propositions, BT Consumer said: “At EE, we know how important it is for our customers to be able to stay connected, which is why we’re thrilled to announce that we’ll now be offering unique AppleCare Services as part of our insurance packages. This is the next step in the evolution of our relationship with Apple, following on from our Full Works Plan for iPhone last year. Today’s announcement demonstrates our ongoing collaboration with Apple to offer our customers the best of Apple’s services and devices with the UK’s No.1 network.”
For more information, customers can visit ee.co.uk
*** ENDS ***
Notes to editors:
* Whilst there is no limit on the amount of damage claims a customer can make, requests for a new device due to loss/theft are capped at two claims for every 12-month period.
* Subject to availability
* These new insurance products are underwritten by our Insurance Partner Chubb European Group SE who also manage our insurance administration.
* Eligible EE small business customers who take out Damage Cover or Full Cover insurance from EE with their iPhone will also benefit from AppleCare Services
For more information, please contact:
020 7356 5369
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast connections in more places than any other operator. EE brought the first 4G network to the UK in October 2012, and launched the UK’s first 5G network in May 2019.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being named the UK’s no.1 5G network by RootMetrics® in 2020 and 2021, and the UK's best network every year since 2014 for the following awards: The Mobile Choice Awards, The Mobile Industry Awards and by RootMetrics®.
As well as delivering mobile services to consumers, small and medium businesses, corporate customers and Government programmes, EE also provides home and business broadband using both 4G and fixed line connections.
EE is committed to being number one for service in the industry, and has nearly 600 shops across the UK. EE remains the only mobile provider to answer 100% of customer calls in the UK and Ireland and was recognised as the UK’s Best Large Contact Centre by the UK Customer Experience Awards 2018 and Welsh Contact Centre Awards 2019. EE was awarded The Sunday Times’ Best 100 Companies to Work for in 2018 and 2019, as well as being named Best Employer 2018 by the European Contact Centre & Customer Service awards.
EE is part of BT’s Consumer business unit which provides products and services to all of BT’s consumer customers in the UK.
Follow us on…
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk