EE LAUNCHES NEW GLASTONBURY APP TO ENHANCE FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE FOR MUSIC FANS AT WORTHY FARM AND AT HOME
- Back by popular demand, the 2019 Glastonbury Festival app is available to download from today for iOS and Android users
- This Festival must-have allows users to check the latest news and updates, locate cars and tents, plan their Festival line-up, link to BBC iPlayer and Apple Music to watch and listen their favourite artists and win tickets to the sold-out event
- All new features for 2019 include personalised BBC iPlayer integration for fans watching from home, new interactive maps with live line-up updates, and low-power mode to keep fans connected for longer
- The app will tailor content based on whether music fans are at the festival or watching from the comfort of their own homes
June 7th 2019: EE, the technology partner of Glastonbury Festival, has today launched the official festival app for 2019 allowing users to stay connected with the latest live Festival updates, create their own personalised line-ups using the interactive scheduling tool, link to BBC iPlayer to enjoy sets from their favourite performers and even win tickets to this year’s sold out Festival.
For the first time, the free app has been designed not only for those heading to the Festival, but also for those watching from home, with content and features tailored to enhance the users’ Festival experience.
Following its success in 2017, the app will feature Apple Music integration, allowing users to preview music from the line-up and help them decide who to see next. The app will once again allow Festival goers to curate their own line up and share their plans with friends to compare notes.
New for 2019, music fans watching the spectacular main stage performances at home will be able to plan their own Festival line up from the acts due to be broadcast on the BBC, set reminders for the performances they plan to catch and receive notifications when the broadcast is about to begin, making sure that fans don’t miss a thing whether at home or at the Festival.
The new and improved interactive map allows Festival-goers to get their bearings by identifying where they are in the 900-acre site and drop pins at their cars and tents. For the first time, those using the map within the app will be able to see who is playing at each stage and how long they have left of their set, allowing music fans to make the all-important decision on whether to try and catch the rest or stay put.
In a move to make the app more Festival friendly than ever before, EE has introduced a Low Power Mode to help reduce battery usage.
Pete Jeavons, Marketing Communications Director at BT and EE, said: “As Glastonbury’s technology partner, we’re always looking to find ways to use mobile technology to make people’s Glastonbury experience even better, whether they’re watching the music live at Worthy Farm or enjoying the Festival from home. With a new iPlayer scheduling feature created especially for those not on site, and improved interactive maps and live scheduling for fans at the Festival, we’ve made it even easier than ever to stay connected with the amazing line-up and experiences at Glastonbury this year.”
With more than 70 terabytes of data predicted to be used by festival-goers on site at Worthy Farm this year, staying connected throughout the weekend is essential. As part of EE’s offering at Glastonbury, music fans will have access to a wide range of charging options available at the EE Recharge Tent, including Wireless and USB C charging stations, charging compatible phones in under 30 minutes. Open from Thursday to Sunday between 10am and 10pm, the EE Recharge Tent can be found on the official Glastonbury map, via the app, and will offer free Wi-Fi and more chargers than ever before, regardless of network.
The official Glastonbury Festival app from EE has been developed by Havas and is available to download from today for iOS and Android users.
For more information on EE, please visit www.ee.co.uk/glastonbury
- ENDS -
For more information, please contact M&C Saatchi Public Relations: EEGlasto@mcsaatchi.com
Notes to Editors:
The Glastonbury Festival 2019 app
Download links –
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/glastonbury-festival-2019/id652845778?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.ee.Glastonbury2013
A festival must-have for smartphone users regardless of which network they are on; the official app developed by EE contains everything that’s needed to enhance the Glastonbury experience both on-site or at home. Key features include:
- Interactive scheduling tools: including the ‘my line-up’ feature allowing users to personalise their own Festival line up, with the option to share on social
- Live interactive map: featuring live up to date site coverage, location finding, ‘now and next’ info and customisable pin drops to help Festival-goers locate their friends, car and tent
- News section: featuring the latest news and real-time updates direct from the Festival over the weekend
- Facebook integration: allowing those on site to connect with friends by seeing who’s planning to see the same artists
- Low power mode: maximise battery life during the Festival by switching the app to low power mode
- Live-streaming from the BBC: allowing fans, both on and off site, to tune into the latest performances from select stages at the Festival
- Apple Music integration: preview music from artists on the line-up, listen to their favourite tracks, enjoy dedicated Glastonbury playlists and discover brand new music from the Festival to help choose who to watch next
Juice Tube Power Bar
Portable charging for Glastonbury Festival 2019
For those Festival goers who don’t want to miss a minute of the action, the Juice Tube Power Bar (£20) is a portable mini-charger which can be purchased at the EE Recharge Tent or at EE.co.uk in the run up to the Festival. Offering one full charge, Juice Tube Power Bars can be swapped for free once a day for a fully charged one at the EE Recharge Tent or EE Exchange Cabin, meaning Festival goers can charge their phone on the move.
EE is the largest and most advanced mobile operator in the UK, delivering mobile and fixed communications services to its customers. EE is part of BT’s Consumer business unit which provides products and services to all of BT’s consumer customers in the UK. EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast 4G in more places than any other operator after pioneering the UK's first superfast 4G mobile service in October 2012. Today, EE’s retail presence exceeds more than 600 shops across the UK.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being ranked the UK's best overall network by RootMetrics®; Best Network for five years in a row at the Mobile Choice Awards; Best Network at the 2015, 2016 2017 and 2018 Mobile News Awards; Best Consumer Network at the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Mobile Industry Awards; as well as Fastest Network and Popular Network at the 2019 uSwitch Mobile Awards.