EE launches official 'Glastonbury 2016' app and on-site phone charging to keep festival-goers connected
- Glastonbury 2016 app is available from today for iOS and Android users
- The must-have digital guide makes it easier than ever for festival-goers to plan their experience and stay connected with friends
- App allows users to check the latest news, locate their tent, stay connected with friends, personalise their festival line-up and live stream BBC coverage
- EE also delivering phone charging on site with double capacity in the EE Recharge tent and a new portable charger – the Juice Tube Power Bank – available for on-site swapping service
EE, the official communications and technology partner of Glastonbury Festival, has announced the launch of the only official mobile app for this year’s festival, available to download free from today for iOS and Android users.
EE will also provide phone-charging for festival-goers and is doubling the capacity of its traditional Recharge tent on site as well as well as offering a new portable charger – the Juice Tube Power Bank – which users can swap daily for a fully charged one at the official Exchange cabin.
The Glastonbury 2016 App
The popular Glastonbury app is a festival essential for smartphone users regardless of which network they are on and all the favourite features are back and better than ever, including -
- Interactive scheduling tools: including the ‘my line-up’ feature allowing revellers to plan their personal festival line up – over 2.5m acts were ‘favourited’ on this feature in 2015
- Facebook integration: allowing users to share their in-app schedule and see which of their friends are planning to see the same artists
- An interactive map: featuring extended site coverage, location finding, ‘now and next’ info and customisable pin drops to help users keep their bearings and locate their friends, car and tent
- News section: featuring content from the Glastonbury team on site, including real time updates direct from the festival over the weekend
- Live-streaming from the BBC: allowing fans, both on and off site, to tune into the latest performances from the six main stages at the festival
- Deezer integration: meaning users can listen to artists performing at the festival – over 475,000 tracks were streamed via the app last year
Phone Charging on site
With connectivity more important than ever, phone charging is a crucial part of EE’s offering at Glastonbury. For 2016 there are two options for festival goers to keep their phone fully charged: the traditional Recharge tent - which is free to all and has double the capacity for 2016 – and the Juice Tube Power Bank with on-site swap service.
The Juice Tube Power Bank* – new for 2016 – is a portable phone charger which is available to purchase in advance of the festival from today via ee.co.uk for £20 (including postage & packaging). The price of the official festival Juice Tube also includes access to a daily swap service on site. This queue-busting service allows users to exchange their official festival Juice Power product once it runs out of power for a fully charged one each day at the Exchange cabins on-site.
The official Juice Tube Power Bank can also be purchased as part of the EE Festival Essentials pack for £25* (including postage & packaging). The pack includes a waterproof phone case, poncho and light-weight canvas rucksack.
*Worth £35 (RRP)
Spencer McHugh, Brand Director at EE commented: “The hugely popular EE Glastonbury App is all about enhancing the experience for festival goers. The app was accessed over three million times over last year’s festival and we expect even more interaction in 2016. It’s the perfect digital companion to help people plan what is likely to be one the best weekends of their lives.”
The new app and phone-charging service forms part of the wider technology offering from EE on site which includes a triple-capacity temporary 4G network and free 4G WiFi hotspots. Whether uploading selfies to Instagram, sharing memorable moments via Snapchat, checking in on Facebook, or joining the conversation on Twitter, EE customers will be able to share their experiences in superfast time and spend more time embracing all Glastonbury has to offer.
For more information on EE, please visit www.ee.co.uk/glastonbury
- ENDS -
For more information, please contact M&C Saatchi PR:
Georgia Sharp, firstname.lastname@example.org
Demi Mantell, email@example.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
*The Juice Tube Power bank is available for Glastonbury Festival 2016 only
E, part of the BT Group, is the largest and most advanced mobile communications company in Britain, delivering mobile and fixed communications services to consumers and businesses. EE has more than 12,000 employees and 550 retail stores, and serves over 30 million connections across its mobile and fixed networks.
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, it pioneered the UK's first superfast 4G mobile service in October 2012 and is the first European operator to surpass 15 million 4G customers. EE's 4G coverage today reaches more than 95% of the UK population, with double speed 4G reaching 80%. EE’s 2G coverage reaches 99% of the population while 3G reaches 98%.
In the last few years, EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being ranked the UK's best overall network by RootMetrics®; Best Network at the 2014 and 2015 Mobile News Awards; Best Consumer Network at the 2014 & 2015 Mobile Industry Awards; Best Network at the 2014 & 2015 Mobile Choice Consumer Awards, and Best Network at the What Mobile Awards 2014; Fastest Network at the 2014 and 2016 uSwitch Mobile Awards; Best Mobile Network at the 2014 Recombu Awards, and Winners of Best Connected Gadget at the Mobile Choice Consumer Awards 2015.
Facebook at: facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: linkedin.com/company/ee-uk