EE partners with Lookout to protect mobile customers in the UK
Thursday 27th June, 2014, London - EE, the UK’s most advanced digital communications company, today announced it has partnered with the world leaders in mobile security, Lookout, to pre-load EE Android smartphones and tablets with the Lookout Mobile Security app - providing additional mobile security protection for millions of its UK customers.
EE is the first UK operator to pre-install a privacy and security app on smartphones, with the move coming as mobile phones and tablets become increasingly sophisticated and more central to customers’ everyday lives - allowing them to bank, shop and work on the go, therefore, protecting those devices and the data they contain has become more essential.
Two versions of the Lookout Mobile Security app - (Lookout Mobile Security and an exclusive EE edition of Lookout Premium) designed to give people peace of mind, and help keep mobile devices and personal data safe - will be available to all Android customers on EE, Orange and T-Mobile plans. The apps work alongside Lookout’s web user interface which allows customers to remotely locate and lock and wipe their mobile devices if lost or stolen.
Lookout Mobile Security offers EE customers enhanced security protection for free. Key features of Lookout include:
- App and files Scanning - Automatic protection from viruses, malware, adware and spyware
- Locate and Scream - Locate displays the whereabouts of a device using Google Maps, and the Scream function can then be used to make the device sound an alarm - even when it is on silent
- Contact Backup - Saves a copy of all contacts from the device, so that they can be easily transferred onto a new device
Meanwhile, an exclusive EE edition of Lookout Premium, available for just £2 per month*, or free to Android customers with EE’s Clone Phone Fully Loaded insurance, offers additional features on top of the standard Lookout offering, including:
- SMS Scanning Exclusive to EE customers - scans all incoming text messages on a user's device for malicious web links as well as malware
- Privacy Protection - allows users to keep control of private information on their mobile devices by providing insight into which apps access private data
- Missing Device, Lock and Wipe – allows customers to keep their data out of the wrong hands
- Photos and call history Backup - Important user information like call log and photos are automatically backed up and can be restored to the same device or transferred to a new device
- Theft Alerts – Receive email alerts containing a photo from the front facing camera and the location of the device if anyone tries to remove the battery or SIM card, or puts the device into Flight Mode
Christopher Traggio, Director of Mobile Insurance and Added Value Products, EE said, “With superfast download speeds, and smartphone and tablet ownership growing all the time - more people than ever before are using a mobile device rather than a PC to get online. With that in mind, we’ve partnered with Lookout to ensure that whatever our customers choose to do with their devices, they’ll have the peace of mind offered by the very latest in mobile security protection”.
Thomas Labarthe, Managing Director of Lookout in Europe said, “Mobile security affects everyone. We’re all prone to leaving our phones unattended, forgetting to use a PIN or clicking on links without thinking. By collaborating with EE, Brits will have a seamless mobile security experience, giving them the opportunity to use their devices to the fullest right out-of-the-box.”
The partnership with Lookout follows EE’s recently announced Super Secure 4GEE portfolio, which offers built-in and hosted security for business customers featuring MobileIron and Samsung Knox.
For more information on the Lookout Mobile Security service for EE customers, please visit www.ee.co.uk/lookout
Notes to editors
*A 14 day Lookout Premium trial is available to EE Lookout Mobile Security customers
EE is the largest and most advanced digital communications company in Britain, delivering mobile and fixed communications services to consumers, businesses, government and the wholesale market. EE has approximately 15,000 employees and 550 retail stores, and serves more than 30 million customers across its mobile, fixed and wholesale businesses.
EE runs the UK's biggest, fastest and most reliable mobile network, pioneering the UK's first superfast 4G mobile services in October 2012. EE's 4G coverage today reaches more than 70% of the UK population. EE’s 2G coverage reaches 99% of the population while 3G reaches 98%. EE's superfast fibre broadband service covers 54% of the UK population, and ADSL broadband service covers 98.7% of the population.
In the last few years, EE has received extensive independent recognition including being ranked the UK's best overall network by RootMetrics®, Best network at the 2014 Mobile News Awards, Fastest Network at the 2013 uSwitch Awards, Best Network at the 2013 Mobile Choice Consumer Awards and What Mobile Awards, Network Innovation at the 2013 Recombu awards and Best Network for Business at the 2013 Mobile Industry awards.
Follow us on…
- Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ee
- Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ee
- YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ee
- LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk
For more information, please contact the EE press team on:
firstname.lastname@example.org/0845 373 7070
Lookout secures the next generation of mobile computing for individuals and organizations everywhere. With a global network of tens of millions of devices and the world’s most comprehensive mobile data set, Lookout provides powerful threat protection that makes the world more secure as it becomes more connected. Lookout's cloud-based platform leverages predictive analytics and machine learning to provide unparalleled insight into malicious and anomalous behaviours, application usage and network dynamics. These insights enable Lookout to counter threats, often before they put data, devices and networks at risk. With partners and customers worldwide, Lookout has offices in San Francisco, London and Tokyo. For more information, please visit www.lookout.com.