EE presents the UK's first 4x4G drive-in movie experience in North Wales
- 4x4G Community Cinema Screening _3Residents of Henllan, Denbighshire were treated to an open air screening of a BAFTA-winning film from EE streamed over 4G at their local microbrewery, the Heavy Industry Brewery. The rural community enjoyed the film from the comfort of their 4x4s and tractors. Film fans anywhere in the UK can enter for a chance to win a visit from the 4GEE Community Cinema Club by visiting www.ee.co.uk/cinema-club.
- 4x4G Community Cinema Screening _1Residents of Henllan, Denbighshire were treated to an open air screening of a BAFTA-winning film from EE streamed over 4G at their local microbrewery, the Heavy Industry Brewery. The rural community enjoyed the film from the comfort of their 4x4s and tractors. Film fans anywhere in the UK can enter for a chance to win a visit from the 4GEE Community Cinema Club by visiting www.ee.co.uk/cinema-club.
- 4x4G Community Cinema Screening _2Residents of Henllan, Denbighshire were treated to an open air screening of a BAFTA-winning film from EE streamed over 4G at their local microbrewery, the Heavy Industry Brewery. The rural community enjoyed the film from the comfort of their 4x4s and tractors. Film fans anywhere in the UK can enter for a chance to win a visit from the 4GEE Community Cinema Club by visiting www.ee.co.uk/cinema-club.
- 4x4G Community Cinema Screening _5
- 4x4G Community Cinema Screening _4
- 4x4G Community Cinema Screening _7
- 4x4G Community Cinema Screening _6
- 4x4G Community Cinema Screening _8
- 4x4G Community Cinema Screening _9
- Residents of Henllan in North Wales were invited to a drive-in cinema experience with a difference; the community was invited to pull up in any vehicle they liked – a 4x4, a mini or even a tractor - to watch a BAFTA-winning film set against the Welsh countryside
- The event was the second screening in the 4GEE Community Cinema Club, a series of 4G-powered film screenings visiting rural communities across the UK this Summer, in partnership with BAFTA
- Film fans can apply to have the 4GEE Community Cinema Club pay their local community a visit this September by entering at www.ee.co.uk/cinema-club
Suggested picture caption:
Local residents of Henllan, North Wales were treated to an off road drive-in cinema experience courtesy of the 4GEE Community Cinema Club in partnership with BAFTA. The community gathered at the local microbrewery, pulling up in an array of off road vehicles to watch a BAFTA-winning film streamed over the EE 4G network.
Residents from the local Denbighshire community, who usually embark on a 20 mile round trip to the nearest cinema, tuned in to the FM transmitter, kicked back with a tub of popcorn and watched La La Land from the comfort of their off-road vehicles.
This event was the second stop on this summer’s 4GEE Community Cinema Club UK tour, a programme of events that will bring BAFTA-winning films to newly 4G-connected rural communities in England, Scotland and Wales over the summer months as EE continues to connect the unconnected with its 4G roll out. The film series kicked off last week with a unique screening put on for a group of rock climbers camped on portaledge tents on the side of Gimmer Crag, a sheer cliff face in the Lake District.
The community was left with a 4GEE Community Cinema Kit complete with everything needed to host their own open air movie nights throughout the year. The kit included a 4G WiFi device, a state-of-the-art connected projector, wireless speakers and a movie streaming voucher.
Film fans living anywhere from John O’Groats to Lands’ End can apply via www.ee.co.uk/cinema-club to have the 4GEE Community Cinema Club pay them a visit this September with one final screening still up for grabs. Five lucky runners up will be sent one of the 4GEE Community Cinema Kits, containing everything needed to put on film screenings for their communities.
Speaking at the event, local resident Ben, said: “Look at it, it’s amazing. We’ve got cars, we’ve got tractors, a BAFTA-winning movie, popcorn, and the most important thing is the setting. Incredible!”
Max Taylor, MD of Marketing at EE, said: “This year we celebrated the 20th year of our long-standing partnership with BAFTA and announced that our 4G coverage now stretches to more than 80% of the UK geography. The 4GEE Community Cinema Club is the perfect way to demonstrate the power of our 4G connectivity through film. Our superfast 4G network lets our customers stream the entertainment they love, wherever they are.”
Tim Hunter, Director of Learning and New Talent at BAFTA, said: “BAFTA and EE have had such a longstanding and successful partnership because we share a commitment to helping audiences discover great cinema. A BAFTA win is a mark of excellence and so we're thrilled that people all over the country can experience these films within their communities."
For more information on the 4GEE Community Cinema Club visit www.ee.co.uk/cinema-club
- ENDS –
For further information, please contact:
Notes to editors:
The 4GEE Community Cinema Kits contain: Pico Genie M550 projector, wireless keyboard, Bose Soundlink wireless speaker, stretch lightweight projection screen, a 4GEE WiFi device, HDMI cable, audio cable, movie streaming voucher all housed in an EE branded durable flight case.
- Terms & Conditions for 4GEE Community Cinema Club Winners Screening
- Competition entries must be submitted at www.ee.co.uk/cinema-club from 9am on 20th July until midnight 17th August 2017.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over and resident in the UK. This promotion is not open to employees or agents of the Promoter’s group of companies or any other person associated with this competition.
- To enter the competition entrants must correctly complete the entrant form at www.ee.co.uk/cinema-club with the required personal details and answer the question (Why should your community win a 4GEE Community Club Screening in your local area?) to be entered. All instructions included on the website form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
- Submissions will only be entered in the competition if they are original legal, decent and unlikely to cause offence to the general public.
- One valid entry per person
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, delayed, damaged, corrupted or mis-transmitted due to electronic errors, malfunctions or any other kind of technical error.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant's identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant suspected of or found to be tampering with the entry process.
- 1 winner will be selected & contacted by the 20h August 2017.
- The winner will be contacted by via email. If the Promoter cannot contact a winner after 24 hours an alternative winner will be selected from the eligible entries that were received before the closing date.
- A judging panel, including at least one independent judge will make the final decision on the winner.
- The winner will be selected based on the originality and authenticity of the response to the question ‘Why do you think your community deserves to win a 4GEE Community Club Screening in your local area?’
- No cash alternative is available.
- EE reserves the right to revise the terms of the competition at any time.
- The Prize: a 4GEE Community Cinema club screening for you and up to 20 additional people within their community
- The prize includes a 4GEE Community Cinema club screening with food & beverages for you and up to 20 additional people within their community.
- The winner will get to choose up to 20 additional people within their community to enjoy this prize with.
- 5 runner ups from the competition will receive a smaller EE bespoke community kit which will include all the equipment to allow them to screen their own cinema experience. The kit includes: a speaker, portable battery, powered wireless projector, a wireless keyboard, 4GEE WiFi device, projection screen, 4x £25 Google play vouchers and a discount coupon for Joe and Seph's Popcorn.
- The 4GEE Wifi device does not come with an EE Pay Monthly Plan. The Promoter may include an allowance of data. If not, you may wish to purchase an EE Pay As You Go add-on (terms apply, see ee.co.uk/terms), use WiFi from a fixed line internet provider or subscribe to another mobile network. To use the device with another mobile network you may need to unlock the device, unlocking charge may apply.
- The 5 runners up from the competition will be contacted about their community kits by 20th August.
- The Promoter will contact the runners up via email to request delivery information. If the incorrect delivery details are provided by the winner, The Promoter will not be held responsible for failure to successfully deliver the on the go cinema kit
- The Promoter will cover the costs of delivery for the community kits to each runner up
- All guests at the screening must be 18 or over
- The Promoter will work with the competition winner to select an appropriate screening location but the decision of the Promoter will be final.
- The time and date of the event will be mutually agreed upon but the Promoter reserves the right to have the final say.
- The 4GEE Community Cinema screening (prize) must take place before September 14th, 2017 or EE reserves the right to choose another winner or withdraw the prize altogether.
- By accepting this prize, the winner accepts responsibility for any damage caused to the premises by him/her and their chosen guests.
- Please remember that the Promoter can, at its discretion, withdraw the prize or ask the winner and/or any of their guests to leave the screening if the winners and/or their guests fail to meet the admission requirements or exhibit inappropriate or dangerous behaviour. This includes behaviour such as being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, being rude, abusive, or causing a nuisance. The prize can also be withdrawn if, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the Promoter's control.
- The Promoter will provide food & drinks for up to 20 people, once the food & beverages provided are finished, the Promoter are not obligated to provide any further catering or drinks.
- Catering & Beverage options will be chosen by the Promoter. The Promoter cannot guarantee that all dietary requirements will be met.
- The winner needs to be contactable before and during the duration of the event.
- The winner and all guests must vacate the 4GEE Community Cinema Club premises before 1am where a representative of the Promoter will meet them.
- The Promoter will provide a shortlist of 5 BAFTA award winning films for the winner to choose from. Should the winner not choose a film before the event, the Promoter will select a film at random that will be screened. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to ensure that everyone attending the screening is old enough to view the film screened.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any part of the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the winners or their guests in entering this competition or accepting the prize, except in the case of death or personal injury caused by the negligent acts or omissions of us or our employees.
- If the screening is cancelled for reasons outside of the Promoter’s control or for reasons related to health and safety, the Promoter reserves the right not to reschedule the screening and no other prize will be made available.
- Winners and their guests agree to take part in publicity in connection with this competition without further consent or payment.
- The Promoter will not be providing transport to the event; all attendees will have to arrange for transport options themselves.
- The Promoter will not reimburse for any travel costs associated with this event.
- Details of the winner (name and county only) will be available up to 30 days after the winner being selected by writing to: 4GEE Community Cinema, Brand, Social Media Team, EE Ltd, C block, BT Centre, 81 Newgate Street, London, EC1A 7AJ. The Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute an alternative prize of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this prize draw on reasonable notice. Please remember that the Promoter can, at its discretion, withdraw the prize or the winner if, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the Promoter's control.
- Entry into this promotion is dependent on your acceptance of these terms and conditions and by entering you confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- The Promoter is EE Limited, 1 Trident Place, Mosquito Way, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW.
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts is an independent charity that supports, develops and promotes the art forms of the moving image by identifying and rewarding excellence, inspiring practitioners and benefiting the public. In addition to its Awards ceremonies, BAFTA has a year-round, international programme of learning events and initiatives that offers unique access to some of the world’s most inspiring talent through workshops, master classes, scholarships, lectures and mentoring schemes, connecting with audiences of all ages and backgrounds across the UK, Los Angeles and New York. BAFTA relies on income from membership subscriptions, individual donations, trusts, foundations and corporate partnerships to support its ongoing outreach work. To access the best creative minds in film, TV and games production, visit www.bafta.org/guru. For more, visit www.bafta.org
EE, part of BT Group, is the largest and most advanced mobile communications company in the UK, delivering mobile and fixed communications services to consumers.
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, having pioneered the UK's first superfast 4G mobile service in October 2012 and was the first European operator to surpass 14 million 4G customers in December 2015. EE has more than 550 shops across the UK. EE's 4G coverage extends to 80% of the UK’s landmass (equal to more than 99% of the UK population) and EE plans to extend 4G to 95% geographic coverage by 2020.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being ranked the UK's best overall network by RootMetrics®; Best Network at the 2014 and 2015 Mobile News Awards; Best Consumer Network at the 2015 & 2016 Mobile Industry Awards; as well as Fastest Network at the 2014 and 2016 uSwitch Mobile Awards.
Facebook at: facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: linkedin.com/company/ee-uk