EE REACHES FOR THE STARS WITH WORLD’S FIRST 4GEE CINEMA IN THE SKY
EE REACHES FOR THE STARS WITH WORLD’S FIRST 4GEE CINEMA IN THE SKY
- 4GEE Cinema coming soon to a field near you: back for a second season of free 4G-powered outdoor screenings, EE is bringing BAFTA -winning films to rural communities across the UK
- 4GEE Cinema series launched with Goodwood Flying School enjoying the world’s first cinema in the sky experience, 100 feet above ground
- Further screenings will be taking place in rural communities across Wales, England and Scotland in regions that have recently been connected to EE’s award-winning 4G network
- Film fans can win a 4GEE Cinema screening for their local community at ee.co.uk/cinema
3rd October 2018, London: EE treated students from Goodwood Flying School to the world’s first 4G cinema in the sky experience, suspended 100 feet in the air above a former RAF base. The extraordinary film screening marks the return of 4GEE Cinema, a series of free 4G-powered outdoor film screenings bringing BAFTA-winning films to rural communities.
The twenty lucky flying school students were raised high above the South Downs to enjoy a sunset screening. The buzz of popcorn delivering drones filled the skies as the students were strapped into their cinema seats before being elevated 100 feet in the air.
Further 4GEE Cinema screenings are coming soon to a field near you throughout October, helping to bring big screen outdoor cinema to rural communities across the UK. Film lovers up and down the country could be in with a chance to win a 4GEE Cinema experience, complete with big screen viewing, popcorn, pick ‘n mix and a choice of BAFTA-winning films for up to 40 people. To apply for a screening, entrants need to visit ee.co.uk/cinema and explain why their community deserves to win a screening – whether they’ve just completed a community project or won a sporting tournament, the 4GEE Cinema team wants to hear about it.
Pete Jeavons, Director of Brand Marketing at EE, said: “Over the next month we are going to be travelling thousands of miles to areas we’ve recently switched on with 4G, to deliver unforgettable experiences to those communities, only possible over our award winning 4G network. As part of our ongoing partnership with BAFTA, we constantly challenge ourselves on how to bring film to new audiences using the power of our network, and 4GEE Cinema is a great example of doing just that.”
Tim Hunter, Director of Learning and New Talent at BAFTA, said: “BAFTA and EE have had such a longstanding and successful partnership because we share a commitment to helping audiences discover and enjoy great cinema in new and innovative ways. We fully support EE in its continued ambition to bring BAFTA-winning films to rural communities.”
Katie Aitkenhead, of the Goodwood Flying School, said: “It was certainly a unique experience, to be in this beautiful setting, so high up whilst watching a great film on a big screen. It felt like we were in the clouds and we loved every minute of it.”
For more information on the 4GEE Cinema visit ee.co.uk/cinema
- ENDS –
For further information, please contact:
Notes to editors:
- Terms & Conditions for 4GEE Cinema Winner’s Screening
- Competition entries must be submitted at www.ee.co.uk/cinema from 00:01 03.10.18 until 11:59 10.10.18
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over and a UK resident. This promotion is not open to employees or agents of the Promoter’s group of companies or any other person associated with this competition.
- To enter the competition entrants must correctly complete the entrant form at www.ee.co.uk/cinema with the required personal details and answer the question (Why should your community win a 4GEE Cinema screening in your local area?) to be entered. All instructions included on the website form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
- Submissions will only be entered in the competition if they are original legal, decent and unlikely to cause offence to the general public.
- One valid entry per person
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, delayed, damaged, corrupted or mis-transmitted due to electronic errors, malfunctions or any other kind of technical error.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant's identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant suspected of or found to be tampering with the entry process.
- 1 winner will be selected & contacted on the 12.10.18.
- The winner will be contacted by via email. If the Promoter cannot contact a winner after 24 hours an alternative winner will be selected from the eligible entries that were received before the closing date.
- A judging panel, including at least one independent judge will make the final decision on the winner.
- The winner will be selected based on the originality and authenticity of the response to the question ‘Why do you think your community deserves to win a 4GEE Cinema screening in your local area?’
- No cash alternative is available.
- EE reserves the right to revise the terms of the competition at any time.
- The Prize: a 4GEE Cinema screening for the winner and up to 39 additional people within their community
- The prize includes a 4GEE Cinema screening with snacks and beverages for the winner and up to 39 additional people within their community.
- The winner will get to choose up to 39 additional people within their community to enjoy this prize with.
- The winner needs to be 18 or over
- All guests at the screening must be 15 or over
- The Promoter will work with the competition winner to select an appropriate screening location but the decision of the Promoter will be final.
- The time and date of the event will be mutually agreed upon but the Promoter reserves the right to have the final say.
- The 4GEE Cinema screening (prize) must take place before 26.10.18 or EE reserves the right to choose another winner or withdraw the prize altogether.
- By accepting this prize, the winner accepts responsibility for any damage caused to the premises by him/her and their chosen guests.
- Please remember that the Promoter can, at its discretion, withdraw the prize or ask the winner and/or any of their guests to leave the screening if the winners and/or their guests fail to meet the admission requirements or exhibit inappropriate or dangerous behaviour. This includes behaviour such as being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, being rude, abusive, or causing a nuisance. The prize can also be withdrawn if, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the Promoter's control.
- The Promoter will provide snacks and drinks for up to 40 people, once these are finished, the Promoter are not obligated to provide any further catering or drinks.
- Catering and Beverage options will be chosen by the Promoter. The Promoter cannot guarantee that all dietary requirements will be met.
- The winner needs to be contactable before and during the duration of the event.
- The winner and all guests must vacate the 4GEE Cinema premises before 10pm where a representative of the Promoter will meet them.
- The Promoter will select a film at random that will be screened. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to ensure that everyone attending the screening is old enough to view the film screened.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any part of the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the winners or their guests in entering this competition or accepting the prize, except in the case of death or personal injury caused by the negligent acts or omissions of us or our employees.
- If the screening is cancelled for reasons outside of the Promoter’s control or for reasons related to health and safety, the Promoter reserves the right not to reschedule the screening and no other prize will be made available.
- Winners and their guests agree to take part in publicity in connection with this competition without further consent or payment.
- The Promoter will not be providing transport to the event; all attendees will have to arrange for transport options themselves.
- The Promoter will not reimburse for any travel costs associated with this event.
- Details of the winner (name and county only) will be available up to 30 days after the winner being selected by writing to: 4GEE Cinema, Brand, Social Media Team, EE Ltd, C block, BT Centre, 81 Newgate Street, London, EC1A 7AJ. The Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute an alternative prize of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this prize draw on reasonable notice. Please remember that the Promoter can, at its discretion, withdraw the prize or the winner if, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the Promoter's control.
- Entry into this promotion is dependent on your acceptance of these terms and conditions and by entering you confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- The Promoter is EE Limited, 1 Trident Place, Mosquito Way, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW.
EE, part of BT Group, is the largest and most advanced mobile communications company in the UK, delivering mobile and fixed communications services to consumers.
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast 4G in more places than any other operator after pioneering the UK's first superfast 4G mobile service in October 2012. Today, EE has more than 600 shops across the UK, and EE's 4G coverage extends to 90% of the UK’s landmass.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being ranked the UK's best overall network by RootMetrics®; Best Network for five years in a row at the Mobile Choice Awards; Best Network at the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Mobile News Awards; Best Consumer Network at the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Mobile Industry Awards; as well as Fastest Network and Best Network Coverage at the 2017 uSwitch Mobile Awards.
Follow us on…
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts is an independent charity that supports, develops and promotes the art forms of the moving image by identifying and rewarding excellence, inspiring practitioners and benefiting the public. In addition to its Awards ceremonies, BAFTA has a year-round, international programme of learning events and initiatives that offers unique access to some of the world’s most inspiring talent through workshops, master classes, scholarships, lectures and mentoring schemes, connecting with audiences of all ages and backgrounds across the UK, Los Angeles and New York. BAFTA relies on income from membership subscriptions, individual donations, trusts, foundations and corporate partnerships to support its ongoing outreach work. To access the best creative minds in film, TV and games production, visit www.bafta.org/guru. For more, visit www.bafta.org