EE unveils the future of retail in the community
- EE One Braham - With digital technology woven throughout, innovation and ideas will thrive, where new trials and tech will come to life
- EE One Braham - Prince Okoro
- EE One Braham - Interactive zones, equipped with touchscreens and demo areas, bring to life a range of household devices
- EE One Braham - The store provides a space for customers to get involved in the latest tech and gaming launches
- EE One Braham - the on-site repair centre gives a new lease of life to devices within 2 hours
- EE One Braham - Prince Okoro and colleagues
- EE One Braham - Event space is available for local groups to host workshops, support meetings and an informal place to get tech support
- The new concept store will help test new retail ideas and feature experiential zones to allow customers to discover how EE and BT’s products and networks work together to provide unrivalled connectivity in the home and beyond
- The store in One Braham, Aldgate, London in BT’s new HQ has a bookable event space for the local community as well as giving customers the first-look at major product launches
- The store and local customers will be able to book 2 hour in-store repairs and recycle unwanted tech to help reduce e-waste and donate to charity
Today, EE the UK’s biggest mobile operator, unveils its new concept store designed to give customers a more immersive experience combined with expert knowledge. The One Braham store will also act as a hub for local communities, as part of EE’s commitment to deliver the most personal and local service on the high street.
Located within BT’s new London headquarters, One Braham, the store showcases the best in converged technology with expert face-to-face advice and demonstrations. Interactive zones, equipped with touchscreens and demo areas, bring to life a range of household devices, including games consoles, streaming platforms, and fitness gear. Customers can learn how all devices work together with EE and BT’s converged network, helping customers get the most out of the mobile and broadband networks.
Bridget Lea, MD of Commercial in BT’s Consumer Division, said: “We’ve created an experiential space where customers can get expert advice, or just have some fun with the very latest technology. We know there’s no substitute for getting help from an expert in person and we’re mixing technology with that personal touch to deliver the best customer service and support.
The investment in this new store reflects our commitment to make sure customers remain as connected as possible and to keep the local high street invigorated.”
Sustainability is at the heart of the services offered in the new store, customers can use the on-site repair centre to give a new lease of life to Apple, Google, and Samsung devices within 2 hours. And to extend the life of devices further, the store offers a free device MOT on any phone or tablet in less than 10 minutes. To help reduce the tonnes of e-waste sent to landfill every year, there is a recycling service for old handsets and accessories. For each handset or tablet recycled, EE will donate £10 plus the value of the device to its charity partner Home-Start* or offer money off the customer’s new EE contract.
The new store has been designed to be a hub for the community with an event space available for the local groups to use to host workshops, support meetings and an informal place to get tech support and advice.
Prince Okoro, Store Manager of One Braham, said: “We’re ready to welcome the local people of Aldgate whether that’s to ask for help or just come in for a coffee and chat about their needs. The event space is a place for the local community to come together and be inspired by all that technology can offer them within their households.”
One Braham’s new concepts will be tested and then potentially rolled out across EE’s stores. With digital technology woven throughout, innovation and ideas will thrive, where new trials and tech will come to life, and where the future of retail will be redefined.
The store will also provide a space for customers to get involved in the latest tech and gaming launches. Customers can be some of the first to try out Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox with a demo event as the game launches this week.
- ENDS –
NOTE TO EDITORS
*Recycling examples - customers can come in to recycle their devices:
- If the value is £100, the customer can use this off their next EE tariff or choose to donate the funds.
- If the value is £100, and the customer wants to donate, £100 + £10 (from EE) will go to Home-Start charity
- If the value of the device is £0, EE will still donate £10 to Home-Start charity
About Home Start
To find out more about our work or to arrange an interview with a Home-Start UK spokesperson:
Kath Sansom, Press and PR Manager
T: 07771 704732 E: email@example.com
Home-Start is a local community network of trained volunteers and expert support helping families with young children through their challenging times. Families struggling with postnatal depression, isolation, physical health problems, bereavement and many other issues receive the support of a volunteer who will spend around two hours a week in a family’s home supporting them in the ways they need. www.home-start.org.uk
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast connections in more places than any other operator. EE brought the first 4G network to the UK in October 2012, and launched the UK’s first 5G network in May 2019.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being named the UK's best network every year since 2014 for the following awards: The Mobile Choice Awards, The Mobile Industry Awards and by RootMetrics®.
As well as offering mobile services to consumers and small and medium businesses, EE also provides home and business broadband using both 4G and fixed line connections.
EE is committed to being number one for service in the industry, and has nearly 600 shops across the UK. EE remains the only mobile provider to answer 100% of customer calls in the UK and Ireland and was recognised as the UK’s Best Large Contact Centre by the UK Customer Experience Awards 2018 and Welsh Contact Centre Awards 2019. EE was awarded The Sunday Times’ Best 100 Companies to Work for in 2018 and 2019, as well as being named Best Employer 2018 by the European Contact Centre & Customer Service awards.
EE is part of BT’s Consumer business unit which provides products and services to all of BT’s consumer customers in the UK.
Follow us on…
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk