FOUR DJS, TWO VENUES, ONE CITY: TOP DJS INCLUDING RUDIMENTAL AND ARIELLE FREE TOOK TO THE DECKS AT PARALLEL, A SELL OUT 5G POWERED CLUB NIGHT IN LEEDS
- Rudimental - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (2)
- Rudimental - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (5)
- Rudimental - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (4)
- Rudimental - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (6)
- Arielle Free - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (3)
- Junior Simba - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (2)
- Rudimental - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (7)
- Rudimental - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (9)
- Junior Simba - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (1)
- Arielle Free - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (1)Arielle Free at the EE x Beatport Parallel 5G - a 5G powered club night - in Leeds at Temple Arches and Millennium Square
- Rudimental - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (8)
- Rudimental - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (3)
- Millennium Square - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (2)
- Junior Simba - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (3)
- Arielle Free - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (2)
- Rudimental - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (1)
- Millennium Square - EE x Beatport Parallel 5G (1)
- EE hosted its hit hybrid club night powered by 5G with Beatport in Leeds last night, following the success of last year’s sold-out events in Liverpool and Manchester
- The UK’s best network and Beatport, global leader of music for DJs and producers, gave music fans of Leeds an opportunity to see exclusive sets from top DJs including Rudimental, Arielle Free, Manami and more, all performed live over EE’s award-winning 5G network, to deliver an energetic evening of entertainment
- Seamlessly connected by EE’s 5G network, dance music fans were able to enjoy the live performances in person at Temple Arches or via the 5GEE powered livestream at Millennium Square
- Relive the 5G powered event via Beatport's YouTube
18th March 2022: Rudimental, Arielle Free, Manami, and Junior Simba took over Leeds last night as EE’s 5G powered club night, Parallel 5G, returned for the second year running.
Following last year’s sold-out events in Liverpool and Manchester, EE, the UK’s best network, teamed up again with Beatport, to bring together some of the UK’s biggest DJs to perform exclusive sets for local music fans and deliver the ultimate clubbing experience using 5G.
Seamlessly connected by EE’s 5G network, music fans enjoyed the live DJ performances in person at Temple Arches, an exciting open-air event space, or via the 5GEE powered livestream – for the first time at the busy Millennium Square in the heart of Leeds city centre.
Headlining the dance music filled evening was Rudimental, who took to the decks and performed their hit songs Feel The Love and Radio 1 DJ Arielle Free, who performed her new song Soul Full, both providing an electric night of entertainment. There were also sets from opening act Babyschon, as well as an extra special back-to-back set from Manami and Leeds local, Junior Simba, who performed live from a secret location and broadcasted his tunes onto the dancefloor using Leeds’ supercharged EE 5G network.
Pushing the network to the next level, the epic night of dance harnessed the power of EE’s award-winning 5G network, which offered the low latency and superfast speeds that are required to mix sets without missing a beat. Crowds at each venue didn’t miss a moment of action – EE successfully ran two livestreams in real time, one of which was the mainstream then the second was the custom-built 4k 360 VR headset experience – both of which powered by EE 5G.
Pete Jeavons, Marketing Communications Director at EE said: “We saw huge success last year with Parallel 5G in Liverpool and Manchester, and this year in Leeds was no different. Using the power of our 5G network, we provided an epic evening of entertainment that gave dance music fans a night to remember. We have shown again what our 5G network can unlock and so we are excited to continue this innovative and forward-thinking approach and discover how else we can make an impact in the world of entertainment.”
Rudimental said: “Tonight was a really special night for us, not only being back in Leeds and playing to an incredible crowd, but also doing our first ever 5G powered set. It was amazing to take over the decks at Temple Arches and play some of our old hits, but also some fresh tracks too. We really enjoyed ourselves and we hope the fans did too!”
Ed Hill, VP of Beatport Media Group said: “It’s been a pleasure to collaborate with EE again to deliver another innovative and high-quality experience. As DJs make the leap from using downloads to streaming services like Beatport LINK for their performances, it’s essential that service providers deliver fast and secure enough networks so DJs can feel totally comfortable relying on them. The fact that we ran another full event over 5G will give further confidence to DJs performing via streaming that EE's network is more than capable of handling it.”
Relive the 5G powered event via Beatport's YouTube.
For more information, please contact M&C Saatchi Talk on email@example.com
EE runs the UK’s biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast connections in more places than any other operator. EE brought the first 4G network to the UK in October 2012, and launched the UK’s first 5G network in May 2019.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being named the UK’s no.1 5G network by RootMetrics® in 2020 and 2021, and the UK’s best network every year since 2014 for the following awards: The Mobile Choice Awards, The Mobile Industry Awards and by RootMetrics®.
As well as delivering mobile services to consumers, small and medium businesses, corporate customers and Government programmes, EE also provides home and business broadband using both 4G and fixed line connections.
EE is committed to being number one for service in the industry and has nearly 600 shops across the UK. EE remains the only mobile provider to answer 100% of customer calls in the UK and Ireland and was recognised as the UK’s Best Large Contact Centre by the UK Customer Experience Awards 2018 and Welsh Contact Centre Awards 2019. EE was awarded The Sunday Times’ Best 100 Companies to Work for the 2018 and 2019, as well as being named Best Employer 2018 by the European Contact Centre and Customer Service awards.
EE is part of BT’s Consumer business unit which provides products and services to all of BT’s consumer customers in the UK.
Beatport is the worldwide home of electronic music for DJs, producers, and their fans. The Beatport Store offers music in premium digital formats and provides unique music discovery tools created for and by DJs. Each week, Beatport’s music collection is refreshed with hundreds of exclusive tracks by the world’s top electronic music artists. The company also has a growing, streaming catalog subscription service, Beatport LINK. Founded in 2004, the Beatport family of companies includes Beatsource, Loopmasters, Loopcloud and Plugin Boutique. Beatport has offices in Berlin, Brighton, Denver and Los Angeles. Follow us on Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram.