KEVIN BACON SERVES UP A TREAT IN THE LATEST EE BRAND CAMPAIGN
- Kevin Bacon Celebrates Best Network for Five Years Running in Latest ATL 2Los Angeles, CA - EE #3310 - Day 1 of 2 CS with Kevin Bacon on Thursday, January 10th, 2019.
- Kevin Bacon Celebrates Best Network for Five Years Running in Latest ATL 1Los Angeles, CA - EE #3310 - Day 1 of 2 CS with Kevin Bacon on Thursday, January 10th, 2019.
- Kevin Bacon Celebrates Best Network for Five Years Running in Latest ATL 4Los Angeles, CA - EE #3310 - Day 1 of 2 CS with Kevin Bacon on Thursday, January 10th, 2019.
- Kevin Bacon Celebrates Best Network for Five Years Running in Latest ATLLos Angeles, CA - EE #3310 - Day 1 of 2 CS with Kevin Bacon on Thursday, January 10th, 2019.
- Kevin Bacon Celebrates Best Network for Five Years Running in Latest ATL 3Los Angeles, CA - EE #3310 - Day 1 of 2 CS with Kevin Bacon on Thursday, January 10th, 2019.
- Kevin Bacon stars in the latest EE brand campaign which celebrates EE’s position as best network* for five years running
- The new advert sees Kevin Bacon take on an opponent at a game of squash, as they discuss the benefits of being with the UK’s biggest and fastest mobile network
- The campaign leads with a 30-second TV ad that launches on Friday 8th February – view, share and embed the ad here.
Friday 8th February 2019: Kevin Bacon will hit UK screens tonight in the latest EE brand campaign celebrating the mobile network’s latest award of best network for the fifth year in a row. The campaign, launching this evening during Coronation Street, highlights many of the fantastic benefits EE customers receive and reminds viewers why it is named the UK’s number one network year after year.
The advert opens with Bacon and a friend competing in a game of squash. His opponent complains of feeling “all over the shop” and not “on top of her game”, to which Kevin reassures her she absolutely can feel in control thanks to EE.
As the high-octane game continues, Bacon continues to tell his opponent all about EE’s award-winning network and its benefits, listing qualities including “best network for five years running”, “most reliable network” and “unbeatable 4G coverage”. His reassuring pep talk transforms her attitude, resulting in her emphatically declaring, “I feel unstoppable”, as she strikes the ball to take the win.
With the game at its dramatic finale, a worn-out Kevin Bacon congratulates his opponent for choosing to be on the “winning team” with EE and politely declines a re-match on the court.
Pete Jeavons, Director of Brand Marketing at EE, said: “This is the award all the networks want to win, and we’ve taken it home it five years in a row. Consistently delivering a network that works brilliantly for the customers we built it for is something worth shouting about. In this latest campaign, we’ve worked with Kevin to tell our customers exactly why we’re still top of our game.”
EE continues to drive digitally integrated campaigns with a focus on social across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, as well as other video display partners. This campaign will run across TV, out of home (OOH), cinema and video on demand (VOD) – with edits and content developed specifically for a range of digital and social channels.
The campaign kicks off with a 30-second TV ad that will launch on 8th February 2019. The campaign was developed by EE’s advertising agency, Saatchi & Saatchi London.
For more information on EE’s latest phones offers, please visit: https://shop.ee.co.uk/
- ENDS -
*According to RootMetrics data
Notes to editors
BRIEF: EE have been the UK’s best network 5 years running, it’s time to talk about it.
ADVERTISING AGENCY: SAATCHI & SAATCHI LONDON
EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: GUILLERMO VEGA
CREATIVE: MARK CAMPION, WILL BROOKWELL & WILL HELM
PLANNER: RICHARD HUNTINGTON & BIA BONANI
ACCOUNT HANDLER: ALICE FLANAGAN, KATIE YOUNG & NATASHA GRIFFITHS
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: RICHARD FIRMINGER
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT: HANNAH BURNS
MEDIA BUYING AGENCY: ESSENCE
PRODUCTION COMPANY: MOXIE PICTURES
PRODUCTIONS DIRECTOR: MARTIN GRANGER
EDITOR: LEO KING
POST-PRODUCTION COMPANY: MPC
AUDIO POST-PRODUCTION COMPANY: FACTORY STUDIOS
CITY / COUNTRY: UK
EE, part of BT Group, is the largest and most advanced mobile communications company in the UK, delivering mobile and fixed communications services to consumers.
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast 4G in more places than any other operator after pioneering the UK's first superfast 4G mobile service in October 2012. Today, EE has more than 600 shops across the UK, and EE's 4G coverage extends to 90% of the UK’s landmass.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being ranked the UK's best overall network by RootMetrics®; Best Network for five years in a row at the Mobile Choice Awards; Best Network at the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Mobile News Awards; Best Consumer Network at the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Mobile Industry Awards; as well as Fastest Network and Best Network Coverage at the 2017 uSwitch Mobile Awards.
Follow us on…
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk