PLAY 5G FOOSBALL WITH LEGENDS LIVE AT WEMBLEY STADIUM AS EE HOST WORLD’S FIRST 5G AR FOOSBALL TOURNAMENT
- Unlocking the power of its award-winning 5G network and the power of the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Series at Wembley Stadium, EE is set to transform the iconic turf into the world’s first real-time 5G AR foosball table
- EE is giving foosball fans the chance to go head-to-head with famous faces including Gareth Southgate, Chelcee Grimes and more in the world-first tournament
- From April 15 until April 19 09:00, EE customers can enter the exclusive competition on EE’s Twitter to be in with a chance to meet, greet and play 5G Foosball with the star-studded line-up of talent, as well as take home a Samsung Galaxy S21. Terms and condition apply*
15th April 2021, London: EE, the UK's most reliable network, announces the world’s first 5G AR Foosball tournament live from Wembley Stadium. The star-studded line-up has been announced: on Team Aqua it’s Gareth Southgate, Yungen, Ugo Monye, Fara Williams and Elz the Witch, and on Team Yellow it’s Peter Crouch, Joe Cole, James Haskell, Chelcee Grimes and Lia Lewis.
Two competition winners, along with a plus one, will have the chance to play 5G Foosball after the tournament with the football legends and celebrities, including England manager Gareth Southgate, songwriter Chelcee Grimes, and rugby player and TV personality James Haskell, along with others, at the UK’s most iconic football ground, Wembley Stadium, later this month, as well as enjoy the entertainment as they slide, power kick and bounce to the top of the tournament.
Launching Thursday 15th April, the competition will be available for all EE customers across the UK and will operate as a ‘like and comment ⚽ to win’ via EE’s Twitter. Whether they emerge victorious or admit defeat, the lucky line-up of competition winners will take home an epic Samsung Galaxy S21 5G as well as enjoying a meet and greet with the full line-up of stars.
Sam Kemp, Products and Devices Technology Director at EE said: “We’re excited to be giving our customers a one-of-a-kind experience from the most iconic sporting venue in the world. Live from Wembley turf, they, along with our nation’s sporting greats, will be putting our network to the test, in the ultimate game of AR foosball. Our customers are always a step ahead at Wembley Stadium, but during the tournament, our award-winning 5G capabilities will ensure they’re on equal footing – whether they’re head-to-head with an England manager or defending against a football legend – you won’t miss a kick!”
EE is the lead partner of Wembley Stadium, making it the most connected stadium in the world. Since the partnership kicked off in 2014, EE has introduced many technological advancements including EE’s publicly available 5G network, unlocking new capabilities, so customers are always a step ahead and fans are always connected.
For more information on EE’s Wembley competition and to enter, please visit EE on Twitter.
For more information, please contact M&C Saatchi Talk: EE@mcsaatchi.com
*EE 5G Foosball Wembley Competition Terms & Conditions
- By entering this prize draw, you will be giving EE Ltd permission to contact you about EE’s 5G Foosball Wembley Competition.
- Prize draw entrants must be aged 18 or older and resident in the UK. This promotion is not open to employees or agents of the Promoter’s group of companies; their families or any other person associated with this prize draw.
- Entrants must be an EE customer.
- Entrants must be available on Monday 26th April 2021.
- Entry into this promotion is dependent on your acceptance of these terms and conditions and by entering you confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry per person. To Enter: Entrants must like the EE Promotional Tweet and comment ⚽.
- Entries for the competition will be accepted from 09:00 on 15/04/21 until 09:00 on 19/04/21 (the “Promotional Period”).
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, delayed, damaged, corrupted or mis-transmitted due to electronic errors or malfunctions. Proof of posting the entry will not be accepted as proof of entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant's identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.
- Two winners will be selected at random from all valid entries on 19/04/21.
- The results of the prize draws are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize includes opportunity to attend EE’s 5G Foosball event at Wembley Stadium on Monday 26th April 2021, play AR Foosball with Gareth Southgate and a number of other celebrities and a brand-new Samsung S21 device.
- The winner may bring 1 guest to the Event. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that their guest meets the entrance requirements to the Event which they are attending. If the winner chooses not to bring a guest to any Event, no replacement prize shall be substituted in place of the guest’s ticket.
- The prize does not include travel, transport, hospitality, access to VIP areas, overnight accommodation or any other expenses incurred as a result of visiting any Event. Any guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over.
- If an Event is sport related, until the draw takes place and tickets are allocated, the Promoter will be unable to confirm which ‘side’ of the stadium the winner and their guest will be sitting in. If the winner and their guest are allocated tickets within a particular team’s ‘side’, they must not wear opposing team shirts or colours. Stadium security reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone wearing opposition shirts or colours. The Promoter will provide further details at the time of notifying the winner.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner or any guest is unable to use the prize. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any part of the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
- The Promoter will notify the winners through twitter. Event information will then be communicated with the winners by e-mail prior to the Event day – further details to be provided to the winner upon acceptance of the prize.
- Following notification of their win, the winner will have 24 hours to accept their prize. After this time, an alternative winner will be randomly selected.
- If the Promoter cannot contact the winners after 3 attempts, an alternative winner will be randomly selected.
- The winner must agree to the following background checks being carried out
- Media checks, including social media
- Football banning order
EE reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner should the checks raise any concerns. EE reserve the right to define what constitutes concerning behaviour.
- Details of winners (name and county) will be available after 26/04/21 by sending an email to email@example.com.
- The Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this prize draw on reasonable notice. Please remember that the Promoter can, at its discretion, withdraw the prize or ask the winner and/or their guest to leave the stadium if the winners and/or their guests fail to meet the admission requirements and rules and regulations for Wembley Stadium (which can be found here http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide/RulesnRegulations or if the winners and/or their guests exhibit inappropriate or dangerous behaviour. This includes behaviour such as being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, being rude, abusive, or causing a nuisance. The prize can also be withdrawn if, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the Promoter's control.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the winners or their guests in entering this prize draw or accepting the prize, except in the case of death or personal injury caused by the acts or omissions of us or our employees.
- If an Event is cancelled for reasons outside of the Promoter’s control or for reasons related to health and safety and there will be no rescheduling of the Event, tickets will become void and will not be exchanged for any other prize.
- The Winners and their guests must comply with government guidance on Covid-19 protocols including taking a lateral flow test on arrival to the stadium. This test must be negative for entry. If the result is positive, the prize will become void and will not be exchanged for any other prize.
- The Winners and their guests agree to take part in publicity in connection with this prize draw.
- Events at Wembley Stadium are managed by the Football Association Limited, and or the FA Group and or Wembley National Stadium Limited. These groups accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering this promotion, not being able to enter into this promotion or accepting any prize. The Football Association Limited, Wembley National Stadium Limited and all members of the FA Group further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer or IT systems relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading of any materials in connection with this promotion. Nothing shall exclude the liability of The Football Association Limited, Wembley National Stadium Limited or all members of the FA Group for fraud or for death or personal injury as a result of acts or omissions of them or their employees.
- This promotion and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- The Promoter is EE Limited, 1 Trident Place, Mosquito Way, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW.
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast connections in more places than any other operator. EE brought the first 4G network to the UK in October 2012, and launched the UK’s first 5G network in May 2019.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being named the UK’s no.1 5G network by RootMetrics® in 2020 and 2021, and the UK's best network every year since 2014 for the following awards: The Mobile Choice Awards, The Mobile Industry Awards and by RootMetrics®.
As well as delivering mobile services to consumers, small and medium businesses, corporate customers and Government programmes, EE also provides home and business broadband using both 4G and fixed line connections.
EE is committed to being number one for service in the industry, and has nearly 600 shops across the UK. EE remains the only mobile provider to answer 100% of customer calls in the UK and Ireland and was recognised as the UK’s Best Large Contact Centre by the UK Customer Experience Awards 2018 and Welsh Contact Centre Awards 2019. EE was awarded The Sunday Times’ Best 100 Companies to Work for in 2018 and 2019, as well as being named Best Employer 2018 by the European Contact Centre & Customer Service awards.
5G on EE, delivers enhanced network speed, latency and coverage, enhancing game play through its increased bandwidth and instantaneous and reliable connection, enabling players to immerse themselves, uninterrupted, in the lifelike game of foosball.
EE is part of BT’s Consumer business unit which provides products and services to all of BT’s consumer customers in the UK.
Follow us on…
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk