Scarlett Moffatt swaps grubs for 'Bacon' in multi-million pound brand campaign from EE
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt Advert 5
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt Advert 7
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt Advert 8
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt Advert 6
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt Advert 3
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt Advert 2
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt Advert 1
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt Advert 4
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt Advert 9
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt Advert
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt TV Advert 7
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt TV Advert 6
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt TV Advert 8
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt TV Advert 4
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt TV Advert 5
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt TV Advert 1
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt TV Advert 2
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt TV Advert 3
- EE Kevin Bacon and Scarlett Moffatt TV Advert
- Kevin Bacon is joined by Gogglebox and I’m a Celebrity star Scarlett Moffatt for latest EE ad
- Multi-channel, multi-million pound campaign highlights that EE has 4G in more places than any other UK network
- Most personalised campaign to date sees localised photography and messaging used in 129 regional stores and 21,000 potential message combinations for direct customer comms
- ‘We Go Further’ campaign from EE launches tomorrow – Saturday 1 April – view, share and embed the ad here
EE, the UK’s largest mobile network operator, has launched a multi-million pound, multi-channel brand campaign to highlight that EE has 4G in more places than any other network1.
The integrated campaign sees Kevin Bacon return for TV and digital, this time as an EE engineer, alongside popular star of Gogglebox and I’m a Celebrity, Scarlett Moffatt. The ad, entitled We Go Further, features Kevin travelling the length and breadth of Britain with Ed the engineer, demonstrating the extraordinary lengths that EE goes to so that customers can do more of what they love via 4G.
The opening scene sees Kevin and Ed trekking up the snowy mountains of Scotland to install a 4G mast so that the ‘Carter family’ in a nearby caravan can stream ‘cat vids’ over EE’s superfast network. Next we see Kevin and Ed testing a newly-launched 4G-boosting drone on a remote beach where Scarlett Moffatt happens to be camping. Faced with eating a large unappetising grub, Scarlett is delighted to hear she can now use the 4G network to order a takeaway thanks to EE. She tosses the grub away and whips out her phone to have her favourite treat, a chicken kebab, delivered from Just Eat2.
After saving the day with Scarlett, we see the engineering team head to a busy music festival to demonstrate EE’s temporary network setup which will keep customers connected at around 50 large outdoor events this year alone. Kevin embraces the situation donning glitter on his face and proclaims to Ed: ‘You’ve given these ravers Facebook Live.’
Finally, as we see Kevin and Ed’s van driving off into the sunset to continue rolling out EE’s 4G network across the UK, Kevin sums up: ‘EE, we give you 4G in more places than any other UK network.’
The 40 second TV ad will air across all commercial channels from tomorrow – Saturday 1 April – and can be viewed here. It will feature during primetime ITV show Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, which also stars Scarlett Moffatt. An exclusive 20 second version and a selection of seven second edits will also run across digital platforms including SnapChat.
The ‘We Go Further’ campaign creative will run across print, digital, social, OOH, regional radio and retail. It is EE’s most targeted and personalised campaign to date, using localised photography and messaging in 166 stores, localised ads in 29 regional locations and 21,000 potential message combinations for direct customer communications.
Max Taylor, managing director of marketing at EE, said: “Our customers tell us loud and clear that they want 4G coverage wherever they go, so we’re building our network to give them blisteringly fast gigabit speeds in UK cities and superfast 4G in even the most remote places. Following our successful campaigns on network speed, we are evolving our core messaging to focus on helping our customers to do all the things they love over 4G, wherever they are. Whether streaming video from a camping holiday or using Facebook Live at a music festival, it is sometimes the more remote places where our customers rely on a good 4G signal the most. We are on a mission to cover 95% of the UK landmass with 4G by 2020, rolling out our network to the furthest corners of Britain to ensure our customers get the fastest speeds no matter where they go.”
The campaign is timed to run alongside the launch of one of the most anticipated devices this year, the new Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. EE customers will get the most of the Galaxy S8’s superfast speeds and stunning Infinity Display in more places thanks to EE’s unrivalled 4G network, as well as WiFi Calling and 4G Calling and a range of great additional benefits.
The campaign was developed by EE’s advertising agency, Saatchi & Saatchi London. EE’s media buying agency, Maxus, has led the multi-million pound investment in placement.
For more information about EE, please visit ee.co.uk
- ENDS -
For more information, please contact M&C Saatchi PR:
Charlotte Sweeny, Charlotte.email@example.com
Notes to editors
1. Based on Rootmetrics UK RootScore Report, July-December 2016 of four mobile networks
2. EE have partnered with Just Eat for the campaign and a customer offer will be launching as part of the campaign shortly – more will be announced shortly.
BRIEF: Demonstrate how EE goes further to give their customers 4G coverage in more places than any other network
ADVERTISING AGENCY: SAATCHI & SAATCHI LONDON
EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTORS: ROB POTTS, ANDY JEX
CREATIVE DIRECTOR: ADAM CHIAPPE
CREATIVE TEAM: MARK SLACK
PLANNER: RONNIE CROSBIE
ACCOUNT HANDLER: NAOMI BEAUMONT, LOUISE HARROP
PRODUCER: RICHARD FIRMINGER
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT: GEORGIA MIDDLETON
MEDIA BUYING AGENCY: MAXUS
PRODUCTION COMPANY: HUNGRY MAN PRODUCTIONS
DIRECTOR: HANK PERLMAN
EDITOR: ADAM SPIVEY
PRODUCER: JOSH GOLDSTEIN
POST-PRODUCTION COMPANY: THE MILL
AUDIO POST-PRODUCTION COMPANY: FACTORY
CITY / COUNTRY: UK
EE, part of BT Group, is the largest and most advanced mobile communications company in the UK, delivering mobile and fixed communications services to consumers.
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, having pioneered the UK's first superfast 4G mobile service in October 2012 and was the first European operator to surpass 14 million 4G customers in December 2015. EE has more than 550 shops across the UK. EE's 4G coverage extends to over 75% of the UK’s landmass (equal to more than 96% of the UK population) and EE plans to extend 4G to 95% geographic coverage by 2020.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being ranked the UK's best overall network by RootMetrics®; Best Network at the 2014 and 2015 Mobile News Awards; Best Consumer Network at the 2015 & 2016 Mobile Industry Awards; as well as Fastest Network at the 2014 and 2016 uSwitch Mobile Awards.
Facebook at: facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: linkedin.com/company/ee-uk