Scarlett Moffatt teams up with EE to surprise Clitheroe residents with superfast food ordered over 4G
- TV star Scarlett Moffatt surprises residents of Clitheroe in Lancashire by delivering takeaways ordered via EE’s 4G network
- Clitheroe is one of the latest towns in the UK to have 4G switched on as part of EE’s 4G rollout that has built the biggest 4G network in the UK, and aims to connect 95% of the UK’s landmass by 2020
- Scarlett’s role leading the fleet of EE’s 4G Super-Fast Food delivery drivers follows her recent appearance alongside Kevin Bacon in EE’s ad campaign that saw her order a takeaway over 4G from a remote beach
- EE is offering 400 free takeaways with Just Eat to those that retweet the Just Eat ‘voucher’ on Twitter this Thursday 4 May1
- All EE customers will benefit from 25% off a Just Eat takeaway ordered via mobile through to the end of May2
Today, I’m a Celebrity star Scarlett Moffatt, who features in the latest EE advert where she swaps grubs for takeaways, is leading a fleet of EE Super-Fast Food delivery drivers to Clitheroe in Lancashire’s Ribble Valley. The ancient market town is one of the latest locations to have 4G coverage switched on as part of EE’s 4G rollout that plans to cover 95% of the UK’s landmass by 2020.
When local residents ordered their Just Eat take away on the move over EE 4G, all they expected to receive was a pizza from Clitheroe pizzeria Vesuvio. Instead they were treated to an unexpected personal hand delivery from one of the nation’s favourite TV stars.
Scarlett Moffatt said: “'I loved being in EE's new TV ad and meeting Kevin Bacon. It was fantastic to be here in Clitheroe today too in the sunshine to deliver takeaway to the locals. Everyone knows I love a takeaway and EE's superfast 4G makes it even easier to order wherever you are.”
It’s not just the residents of Clitheroe who can enjoy a takeaway with EE and Just Eat. EE has also partnered with Just Eat to offer 400 free takeaways to those that retweet @EE when the Just Eat ‘voucher’ is posted this Thursday 4 May. All EE customers can also benefit from 25% off a takeaway ordered via their mobile for the rest of the month by texting ‘Eat’ to 141.
Max Taylor, Managing Director of Marketing at EE said: “Our customers should be able to enjoy superfast 4G network coverage wherever they are in the UK, which is why we go further to roll out 4G in more places in the UK than any other network. We want people to be able to use 4G for whatever they want, wherever they happen to be, whether that’s ordering a takeaway through apps like Just Eat, streaming the latest tracks on Apple Music or catching the football on BT Sport.”
Notes to Editors:
1. Terms & Conditions for social media competition
· Competition entries must be submitted within 2 hours of the post described in paragraph 3 below on Thursday 4 May 2017.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over and resident in the UK. This promotion is not open to employees or agents of the Promoter’s group of companies or any other person associated with this competition.
· To enter on Twitter retweet the first of EE's Thursday Just Eat tweets within 2 hours.
· Submissions will only be entered into the competition if they are original legal, decent and unlikely to cause offence to the general public. Submissions should not include a video, picture or gif
· No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, delayed, damaged, corrupted or mis-transmitted due to electronic errors, malfunctions or any other kind of technical error.
· The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant's identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant suspected of or found to be tampering with the entry process.
· 400 winners will be selected at random from all valid Twitter entries received.
· The Prize: There are 400 x £15 Just Eat Vouchers to win on Twitter. The winners will receive a code to apply a £15 voucher to a purchase.
o The voucher must be applied and used before 31 May 2017 else the code will expire. Follow the instructions here on how to apply the code.
o The voucher can only be used on the Just Eat app on iOS and Android devices and cannot be used with cash or Apple Pay payments.
o Cannot be used with other voucher codes.
· The winners will be contacted by Direct Message via Twitter. If the Promoter cannot contact a winner after 3 attempts an alternative winner will be selected from the eligible entries that were received before the closing date.
· The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
· The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. Any attempt to sell, transfer or exchange any part of the prize will result in the prize being withdrawn by the Promoter and the prize will be declared null and void.
· Details of winners (name and county only) will be available up to 30 days after the draw taking place by writing to: EE Just Eat Competition, Brand, Social Media Team, EE Ltd, C block, BT Centre, 81 Newgate Street, London, EC1A 7AJ. The Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute an alternative prize of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this prize draw on reasonable notice. Please remember that the Promoter can, at its discretion, withdraw the prize or the winner if, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the Promoter's control.
· Entry into this promotion is dependent on your acceptance of these terms and conditions and by entering you confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
· This promotion and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
· The Promoter is EE Limited, 1 Trident Place, Mosquito Way, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9BW.
2. Terms & Conditions for EE Customer offer
- Between 1 April 2017 and 31 May 2017 EE customers, aged 16 or over, shall be entitled to one unique code for a 25% discount with Just Eat.
- To get a code:
- Mobile customers (EE, Orange and T-Mobile) should text ‘EAT ‘ to 141;
- EE Broadband customers should text ‘EAT’ 79555 from the mobile number registered to their EE Broadband account;
- Mobile Broadband customers should text ‘EAT’ to 141 using Connection Manager (when connected to a 4GEE WiFi device go to Connection Manager or type http://192.168.1.1 into the browser's address bar and follow the instructions.)
- Texting 141 (EE Mobile and Mobile Broadband customers) or 79555 (EE Broadband customers) is free.
- Receiving a Just Eat unique code costs the standard network rate.
· The Just Eat unique code can only be redeemed on the Just Eat app using a compatible device using the iOS or Android operating systems (available through the App Store and Google Play).
- Customers will need to log in to an existing account, or set up a new account, on Just Eat to redeem the code. Just Eat’s terms and conditions apply to your use of the app and the code, available here.
- The code will be valid for 14 days, after which it will expire.
- If you lose your code, you may request it again within 14 days from your original request by following the instructions in 2 above (up to a maximum of 9 further requests). The code will only be valid for 14 days from the date of your original request.
- The code will be valid for use by a recipient only once;
- No cash alternative and codes are non-transferable.
- EE reserves the right to revise the terms of the promotion at any time.
- The code may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, or published directly or indirectly in any form or by any means for use by an entity other than the original recipient, or stored in a data retrieval system, without our prior written permission
- The Code may not be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, codes, discounts or promotions.
EE, part of BT Group, is the largest and most advanced mobile communications company in the UK, delivering mobile and fixed communications services to consumers.
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, having pioneered the UK's first superfast 4G mobile service in October 2012 and was the first European operator to surpass 14 million 4G customers in December 2015. EE has more than 550 shops across the UK. EE's 4G coverage extends to over 75% of the UK’s landmass (equal to more than 96% of the UK population) and EE plans to extend 4G to 95% geographic coverage by 2020.
EE has received extensive independent recognition, including being ranked the UK's best overall network by RootMetrics®; Best Network at the 2014 and 2015 Mobile News Awards; Best Consumer Network at the 2015 & 2016 Mobile Industry Awards; as well as Fastest Network at the 2014 and 2016 uSwitch Mobile Awards.
Facebook at: facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: linkedin.com/company/ee-uk
About Just Eat
Just Eat plc operates a leading global marketplace for online food delivery. Headquartered in London, we use proprietary technology to offer a quick and efficient digital ordering service for over 17.6 million users and over 68,500 takeaway restaurants. Just Eat is a member of the FTSE 250 Index.