TV CHEF, PRESENTER AND WEST LONDON LOCAL, BIG ZUU, MOVES INTO EE'S NEW STUDIO STORE TO PUT CONNECTED LIVING TO THE TEST
- To launch the EE Studio, West London local, Big Zuu, lived instore for the day to experience future living in the ultimate connected home
- The grime artist and presenter got up close and personal with the latest innovations including the UK’s first Digital Spa, the ultimate Gaming Zone and a connected Smart Kitchen
- The space in Westfield, White City opens on Friday 16th June, with an exclusive appearance from ex-professional footballer and BT sport pundit, Peter Crouch, as well as giveaways and in-store deals and entertainment
EE, the UK’s best network, has challenged TV chef, presenter and West London local, Big Zuu, to live in its new Studio store for a day to prove that the state-of-the-art retail space has everything needed to live, work and play. Located in Westfield London, White City, the new EE Studio is the UKs largest telco retail space, and the ultimate version of a connected home, designed to empower customers with the best connectivity and technology solutions for their whole connected life.
EE’s new Studio is kitted out with the latest in connected technology including the UK’s first Digital Spa, a relaxing space that helps customers balance their technology use, an interactive kitchen with the latest smart cooking appliances, a Living Room with the best smart home devices and the ultimate Gaming Zone.
During his stay in the Studio, Big Zuu explored the Smart Kitchen where he showed off the contents in his fridge without having to open the door and added his shopping requests to a digital list using voice activation – so there was no need to find a pen and paper. Led by a robotic vacuum cleaner, he then made his way to the Digital Spa, to switch off and reconnect, taking part in a guided meditation, followed by ‘yoga’ in the immersive sensory room.
But it wasn’t all relaxing, as the avid gamer then visited the Gaming Zone, where he got to grips with a range of games and consoles, and battled it out with some friends on the racing rigs to see who could top the leaderboard – though Big Zuu made it clear there was only one winner. He ended his day in the Living Room where he got comfortable and watched a friendly face on the smart TV, all streamed using EE’s superfast broadband.
The inspirational new Studio space showcases a host of ‘experience zones’ and ‘room sets’ with each area carefully curated to demonstrate how cutting-edge technology and connectivity is enhancing everyday life – allowing customers to get a taste of future living, from gaming and relaxing, to working and cooking.
The experience zones include:
- Welcome Zone: An inviting and dynamic shopfront, including a changeable digital window canvas that lets customers see the latest product launches and in-store events before they even step inside. Shoppers can also scan a QR code on the shopfront to bring to life an AR experience that will welcome them to the Studio and encourage them to head inside and explore.
- Digital Spa: A first of its kind in the UK, the Digital Spa has been designed to support digital wellbeing by showing customers how they can effectively balance their technology use. The unique retail experience also features guided meditations and an immersive sensory room with meditative naturescape content, designed to provide shoppers with a moment to relax and reconnect.
- Gaming Zone: Discover what it really means to game like a pro in one of the UK’s largest dedicated community gaming hubs – with elite gaming rigs, racing simulators, virtual reality experiences and the most up-to-date games and consoles, gamers of all levels can experience the latest and greatest in no-holds-barred gaming.
- Base Camp: An inviting area for customers to sit down and stay a while; with comfortable sofas and chairs, work benches and collaborative worktops, visitors can stop by for a complimentary tea or coffee, catch up on emails, or speak to one of the EE team for advice on a range of products and services.
- The Stage: A multifunctional, flexible, and ever-evolving hub for events, pop-ups and interactive programming. Within this space customers will be introduced to new products, brand collaborations and empowering learning opportunities, as well as have the chance to attend real life skill sessions and workshops that enable them to see and experience the very best technology.
- Tech Live: Try before you buy with an interactive bench inviting customers to trial the latest innovations, discover new devices and speak to the experts. A host of technology will be on display, evolving as new drops hit the shelves, with visitors able to browse and purchase their chosen products online.
The new Studio also gives customers the opportunity to build and visualise their own personalised connected home through a ‘connected home digital tool’ and real life ‘room sets’. The specially curated room sets include a Living Room with superfast broadband and connected home technology, a Smart Kitchen that features a range of smart cooking appliances, a Kid’s Bedroom that showcases products and services to help with children’s learning and keep them safe online, and a Home Office with technology to support with online security and working from home.
TV chef and presenter, Big Zuu, said: “Westfield has always been such a big part of the local area, especially for me when I was growing up, and so I was gassed to get a first look at EE’s new store in the centre and see all of my favourite things connected through the technology in the Studio. I love my food, gaming, taking time to chill out, hanging with my boys, and it’s all here in one place – I could genuinely live in the EE Studio for real. It’s huge for the local community to have a space like this to come and spend time in.”
Bridget Lea, Managing Director of Commercial at EE, said: “Big Zuu has shown just why we’re so excited to open our Studio store, offering our customers standout experiences that reflect the increasingly connected lives they lead. We are proud to offer the chance to get up close and personal with the latest innovations and provide a collaborative space for the local community to work, learn and play”.
The EE Studio will open at 12pm on Friday 16th June in Westfield London, White City, with an exclusive appearance from ex-professional footballer and BT Sport pundit, Peter Crouch, goody bags for the first 200 customers, and in-store deals, offers and entertainment throughout the day.
EE runs the UK's biggest and fastest mobile network, offering superfast connections in more places than any other operator. EE brought the first 4G network to the UK in October 2012 and launched the UK’s first 5G network in May 2019.
EE’s mobile network has received extensive independent recognition, including being named the UK’s no.1 5G network by RootMetrics® in 2020 and 2021, and the UK’s best overall network by RootMetrics® every year since 2014, as well as being named Network of the Year at the 2022 Mobile Industry Awards.
As well as offering mobile services to consumers and small and medium businesses, EE also provides home and business broadband using both 4G and fixed line connections.
EE is committed to being number one for service in the industry and has over 400 stores across the UK. EE remains the only mobile provider to answer 100% of customer calls in the UK and Ireland and was recognised as the UK’s Best Large Contact Centre by the UK Customer Experience Awards 2018 and Welsh Contact Centre Awards 2019. EE was awarded The Sunday Times’ Best 100 Companies to Work for in 2018 and 2019, as well as being named Best Employer 2018 by the European Contact Centre & Customer Service awards.
In 2022, BT announced that EE would become the lead flagship consumer brand on a mission to create the most personal, customer-focused brand in the UK. EE and BT are joining forces to work as one to better take on what’s next in the world of connectivity and technology, working together to continue to innovate, doing a better job for customers and the nation, now and in the future.
EE is part of BT’s Consumer business unit which provides products and services to all of BT’s consumer customers in the UK. Follow us on:
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ee
Twitter at: www.twitter.com/ee
YouTube at: www.youtube.com/ee
LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/ee-uk